The Last Badge

I'm skipping episodes 38, 39, 40, 41 (yes, charmander evolves), 42, 43 (yes, Ash and the others meet jigglypuff), 44 (charmeleon evolves and still listens to Ash and they find togepi), 45 (yes, the doctor is a creep), 46, 47, 48 (togepi hatches and becomes Misty's pokemon), 49 (Ash gives bulbasaur an everstone), 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 (just think of the battle as how it was in the game), 58, 59, AND 60. Wow, that's a lot of episodes. YAS finally I get to write the chapter with Giovanni! Disclaimer: I don't own pokemon.

Ash and the others finaly make it to Viridian City so Ash can get an Earth badge. "Look there's the gym," Brock points out.

They walk over to the entrance of the gym.

"This is the last badge I'll need," Ash mumbles. Pikachu chu's and hugs Ash.

A car parks right in front of them and someone starts laughing.

"Hahaha! Still playing with your cute little pokepal. Ay, Ash?" Gary laughs.

His cheerleaders start to cheer as he jumps out of the car.

"Gary?!" Ash squeaks.

'I really was hoping I wouldn't run into Gary today because today I have to battle HIM,' Ash sighs.

Ash stares at the gyms enterance lost in his thoughts, but his thoughts get interrupted when something hits him in the forehead making him yelp in surprise.

He looks at Gary realizing he had flicked him in the forehead.

"Hey, loser, I asked you a question. How many badges do you have?" Gary asks.

"7. This will be my eighth," Ash replies.

"Hah! Only 7?! I already have 10!" Gary brags while he shows off his badges.

Ash rolls his eyes.

"I just stopped by to see if the leader of this gym wanted to battle a REAL trainer," Gary smirks.

Gary walks over to the doors and says he challenges the gym leader to a battle. The doors open and he and his cheerleaders enter.

"Guess we have to wait," says N.

Time Skip (Gary's battle is the same as in the anime):

The doors open, and Ash sees Gary passed out on the floor. Ash runs over and tries to wake him up.

"It-it's too powerful...not just powerful but evil..." Gary stutters.

"Evil?" Ash questions.

The cheerleaders start to cry untill Misty yells at them. Gary snaps out of his daze and pushes Ash away.

Ash stands up and walks over to the arena.

"I challenge you to a battle..." Ash calmly states.

"It will be a  3 on 3 battle. I have work to do so I'll send out my strongest pokemon first to end this battle quickly," Giovanni informs.

Ash nods showing no emotion.

"Come out my strongest pokemon," Giovanni commands.

The pokemon appears, and Ash reads  its aura.

'It's him,' Ash thinks.

"Mewtwo!" Ash calls out telepathically.

The pokemon turns to Ash.

"How are you-? There is only one human that knows me and can use telepathy. Are you-" Mewtwo stops when he sees tears in Ash's eyes.

"Long time, no see," Ash grins.