Chapter Seventeen : The Four Musketeers

Sriti Nanda

Sriti Nanda.

Right now, we were in our car, parked near Neil Thompson's mansion. This guy's really got a big house, I must say. Rich man with poor character - as much as cliché as it sounds. "Sriti, girl, when will that dumbass get out from his house?" This is the fourth time in past fifteen minutes Varun has asked this question. Like bro, seriously?  "Yeah, Varun, I'll do one thing. I'll just call Neil and tell him baby, please get out of your house because I and my husband with my best friends are on a plan to send you to jail, cool right?" I questioned sarcastically to which Anya and Divyansh chuckled and Varun glared at me.

I gave him a bored look and leaned my head on the head rest. Now, we were on a plan to collect proofs of Neil stealing the pen drive from Anya's cabin. We were waiting outside his mansion for him to move out for a party so that we can go and check for proofs. He was to attend a party hosted by his brother at seven and now it's fifteen minutes past seven, but that guy hadn't come out. No time sense, I tell you.

"I don't think we can do this, guys." Anya said in a weak tone and I was about to react when Divyansh held her arm tightly. "Listen, girl, we are going to do this. If the guy doesn't come out in a few minutes I'll just go and knock him down. You get it?" He whispered dangerously to which Anya flinched in fear. Why are these boys so frustrating, eh?

"Woah, calm down, detective boy." Varun said chuckling and we three glared and him. After sometime the Neil guy walked out in his casual outfit. Unlocking his car door, he sat inside before driving off. We all sighed before hurriedly getting down. We obviously covered our faces; Varun and Divyansh wore monkey caps while I and Anya covered ourselves with a veil.

We all walked near the gate but then suddenly stopped seeing a watchman seated there. What the hell?  We hid behind our car and looked at him. "Now what to do?" Anya questioned. "Anya, can you go and distract him?" Varun questioned to which she shook her head in negative. "I can't. The guy already saw me when I came here before. So he'd suspect me if I go there." She said with a painful expression. She must have remembered the incident.

"Guys, let her be. I'll go." I said to which they all nodded. Soon, Varun pulled me closer and kissed my forehead. "Be safe." He slowly whispered to which I nodded smiling. Divvy gave me knowing looks whereas Anya looked at him with a longing look. I sighed and got up to get to work. I ran my fingers through my hair, messing them up and crumbled my dress a bit so that it would look like someone forced themselves upon me. I tore my scarf a bit and placed it near my neck.

"What are you doing? Why the hell are you tearing your clothes, Sriti?" Varun pulled me down. Protective much, eh? Just then an idea clicked in my mind. I had to do this. "Varun, I'm going to gain the guy's sympathy by acting as if someone forced me. This is the only way left." I said to which he looked at me blankly.