Chapter Two : Hopelessly In Love

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

I was in the guestroom situated two rooms after Sriti's room. Sriti and I were always the best buddies and I loved her. Kaira was our bestie too. Thinking about her brought a smile on my face. Before I asked Kaira out, people always asked me to date Sriti but I brushed off all them. It's not like I hate Sriti or something; it's just she's not my type. I don't feel any connection or something as such when I'm with her. I've never thought in that way to feel any connection. Right, I'm talking as if I feel all those sparks and shit when I am with Kaira.

It's true that I never felt any connection towards Kaira but still Sriti is just my bestfriend and I'd like to keep it that way. All of a sudden, I was having double thoughts about Sriti and my relation. "Varun. Don't overthink. Just go to sleep." I reminded myself and layed down on the bed but sleep was beyond me.

I started thinking about various stuff. I've already talked to my Grandmom, Sunanda Reddy about Kaira and she wasn't really happy as she was never fond of Kaira as Kaira is a modern girl who dresses up boldly and my Grandmom hated it. Though she was stubborn, Sriti, being the angel saved me by convincing her. Though she kinda throws tantrums every now and then, she at least accepted and I'm sure Kaira will get along with her.

Though my Grandmom never really adored or pampered me, I knew she loved me somewhere deep inside. After my Mom and Dad, Sujith Reddy and Ragini Reddy's death, which had happened years ago, probably when I was two years old, my Grandmom wanted me to develop myself to take over our merged business with the Nanda's, Moonshine Projects Pvt. Ltd., a company which deals with the planning of weddings of high society people.

I being the mischievous one, had completed all my business studies but didn't win my Grandmom's love. I was always kinda messy and did silly mistakes which made her behave harshly with me which sometimes hurts me alot but I still choose to keep mum as I've always learnt to respect her and accepting her decisions is my only to show gratitude towards her.

I've always tried to impress my Grandmom, but I couldn't. Most of the times fate left my side and the other times, I messed up badly. She didn't really hate me, but if I continued making mistakes, I'm afraid she might loose her patience. Though I made silly mistakes in our business, my Grandmom took care of everything along with Sriti.

I've decided I would treat my Kaira well, behave well infront of Grandmom, win her love and find a guy for Sriti. I've always wanted Sriti to settle down as she was already twenty-eight, just as me and Kaira. Though I've selected many guys for her, she never approved any one which made me frustrated at times but we got through that.

My life's just so perfect and I'm really happy with it. I just hope it stays like this forever. By marrying Kaira, who is an orphan and was brought up by her Uncle and Aunty, I wanted to give her a new family to love and cherish.