Chapter Three : Rejection

Kaira Krishnan

Kaira Krishnan.

She left. My one and only best friend on whom I can depend upon left me. It's not like I'm gonna cry and became all moody. Like c'mon, I know I kinda used Varun, but I can't change anything. Seriously from the start, I never felt anything for Varun. I treated him as a good friend but didn't really share my problems with him as he was kinda immature and I couldn't handle him.

I wanted to take Sriti's help and kinda apologise to him but that fellow already started imagining stuff about our marriage and his Grandmom is one more nightmare. I couldn't give up on Vivaan as I really need his support to fulfill my Mom's wish of me becoming a supermodel. Vivaan completed me. Though he was a jerk at first, still he loved me and I loved him too. Varun was just not the one for me.

Sriti kinda over acted by slapping me and using all those colorful words. I mean, I know she's madly in love with Varun and no matter what, she would never bear a word against him. But that doesn't mean she'll slap me. I didn't expect this. Varun would surely not accept Sriti. He would come running for me. But Sriti will surely not give up. So I have some time to runaway and convince Vivaan's parents for the marriage to be done as early as possible.

I hate you, Varun. For stealing my best friend from me. I hate you, Sriti. For creating problems in my already messed up life. For insulting me without any freaking reason. If Varun marries her also, they won't be happy together. They would live like soul-less bodies, everyday. This would be my revenge. I smirked and walked to put the ice cream cups in the sink. I decided to sleep for sometime so I would look fresh when I'll be at Vivaan's house.

I was moving on my bed from side-to-side as sleep was just beyond me. Right now, I needed my Mom to hold me and my Dad to light up my mood. I need you, guys. I looked up at the ceiling, as a tear rolled down. When I was two years old, my Dad died due to a brain tumour and at that time we were financially weak. My Mom worked as a waitress in a small Cafe but then they had to shut it down. My Mom approached many other people for jobs but found none. She even requested my relatives to help her but people only showed sympathy or cursed her for our loss but didn't even show a bit of mercy.

With all the tensions and pressure going up, she couldn't handle stuff and died a natural death. She was still upset with my Dad's death and all other insults and pressure just didn't help but contributed in her sadness. From that day, Sister Mary, best friend of my Mom, took care of me. She sent me to school, helped me in my chores and supported me. Last year she died a natural death, and I was really upset. Though my Uncle and Aunty cared for me, I didn't wanted to stay with them.

My Mom's sufferings always made me feel everyone is selfish and you need to be one selfish person too. I was way too selfish and only cared for some people. Varun and Sriti were one of them too, but not anymore. I seriously don't give a damn. All I cared was about my Vivaan. Blocking all my thoughts, I sighed. I just wanted to sleep but nothing else. I thought of texting Vivaan and I did so.