Chapter Five : Reality Check

Sriti Nanda

Sriti Nanda.

I was in my room waiting for that one person to arrive. I so want to dig a hole and bury myself for causing all this but then it's necessary. The stupid irony of my life; I wanted this. I wanted my Varun to be mine forever and when I'm getting it, I just can't handle the pain. Maybe, just maybe if things were not like this, I wouldn't have had seen this day. I closed my eyes to block all the thoughts and find some peace but I just couldn't.

"Sriti!" I heard his voice. Ah, it's time for action. I rubbed my eyes and got up with a blank face. "Sriti, get your stupid bum down right here!" He shouted again. "Mind your tongue, baby. Don't forget that you're standing in my house. My house, my rules." I said smirking, getting down the stairs.

"What's this Sriti? Are you out of your mind?" He questioned walking towards me. "I'm sane and healthy, as you can see and even eligible for marriage you know." I said ignoring his main question. "I can't marry you. You know right, I love my Kaira?" He said holding​ my hands.

"Okay then, fine. I'll cancel this deal and let your Grandmom hate you more. Then you can live with your Kaira!" I said and he left my hands immediately. "Why are you doing this, Sriti?" He said falling on his knees with tears in his eyes. Only if you knew, how much I hate those salty waters filled in your eyes.

"I'm doing this because I want to be with you. I'm obsessed with you. I want you to be mine, forever." I said sitting infront of him with my hands on his chest. "You cannot do this to us, Sriti. We are  friends, right?" He asked me while placing his hands on mine. "We were  friends. Now we are much more than just friends. I can do much more than you can ever imagine, baby." I whispered against his lips in a seductive way and I could feel he was disgusted by my actions. "Just get away, Sriti." He pushed me and my heart broke . . . again.

"You've got only twenty-four hours to decide. Either sign the contract, be mine and make me yours forever or just do what your hearts says." I said after getting up. After not recieving any response I just turned on my heels and decided to walk away. "What will I tell Kaira? How can I do this?" Amidst the sounds of my heels clicking, I heard him whisper this. Only if I could tell you how much I repent my actions . . . only if I could. I'm sorry, Varun. I love you.

-----

Varun Reddy.

I decided to go with my Grandmom's wishes. I really don't want to make her upset. After all she loved me so much. I can just do this for her. I just wanted to talk to Kaira but she's not lifting the phone. Damn. I am sorry, Kaira. I love you. "Shall we leave?" Grandmom questioned. I nodded in response and got up stuffing my phone in my pocket. I've sent so many messages and called her many times but she just didn't respond.

-----

"Hey!" My Grandmom chirped entering the Nanda Mansion. "Hey Grandmom!" Sriti happily said and hugged her followed by Uncle. She looked at me and our eyes met. For a second I felt the world stopping and earth beneath me disappearing.

I was snapped back to reality when Uncle hugged me. I hugged him back and plastered a fake smile. He knew about Kaira and me, but he didn't say anything​. How much ever I want to hate him, I just can't. He was like a father to me and it wasn't really his mistake.

All because of you, Sriti. I hate you for betraying me. I hate you so damn much! "So let's proceed with the deal?" Grandmom questioned and we all walked towards the study room.

-----

"So the deal is closed. The marriage is to be held within a week." Our family lawyer declared. Marriage in a week . . . ridiculous! "Congratulations!" Uncle said and hugged Grandmom and me. I fake smiled and looked at Sriti to find her looking at me with a smirk though her eyes said another story. "So get ready to be mine, in a week!" Sriti whispered in my ears and walked near Grandmom. Welcome, my messed up life and a wrecked wife.