Prologue

e x c e r p t

e x c e r p t

"What's this, Sriti? Are you out of your mind?" I shouted on top my lungs showing her the documents. "I'm sane and healthy. I'm even eligible for marriage, as you can see." She smirked.

"You know I can't marry you. I love my Kaira. I can't leave her." I said angrily. "Oh, fine then. Let's cancel the deal I made with your Grandmom and let her hate you more. Poor soul." She said sarcastically and I fisted my hands to stop myself from shouting more.

"You can't do that to us. We are friends right?" I asked holding her hands. "We surely were. But not now. Unfortunately or fortunately, I'm madly, deeply and crazily obsessed with you and obsession is more stronger than love. You better sign these papers and became my husband or let your one only family, your dear Grandmom hate you more. Choice is yours." She said seriously and jerked my hands away.

"You're not the same old Sriti. You've changed." I said sadly and sighed in defeat. "Yes, your love changed me. My obsession for you has changed me." She whispered against my lips and rested her hands on my chest. I so wanted to slap her right now, but couldn't. It would make it even more worse. After everything, I couldn't avoid these tingling sensation in my stomach as she touched me.

"You've got twenty-four hours to decide. Let me know your decision by tomorrow morning. Now if you'll excuse me." She left to her room while I sat down frustrated with my so-called life. What will I tell my Kaira? How will I live with the guilt of hurting the person who loves me the most? Okay, my life officially sucks.

-----

In which she pretended friendship with him and he pretended enmity with her.

-----

They say that before we're even born, our lives are connected to someone else's whom we call soulmates and that no one can ever change the combinations made by God himself. We humans often tend to make mistakes, and then learn from them. Like wise, sometimes we may get distracted and loose our right path. Therefore, we end up with a wrong person but then fate comes into action and takes us near the one with whom we're destined to.

Sriti Nanda and Varun Reddy have been best friends since forever; they were inseparable. But only one catch; Sriti looked upto Varun as he was her whole universe where for Varun, Sriti was just a star in his universe. They could never be more than friends, or that's what Sriti thought until their lives changed for the best.

Just when Sriti thought she was moving on and Varun thought his life was getting better, what happens if these both are tied together forever, forcefully in unexpected circumstances? Simple-her secret love for him would take over the pure friendship, becoming a binding glue of their rainbow future.

-----

Copyright © 2017 YoungFantasizer.