Chapter Twelve : Wedding And Jealousy

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

I was currently savouring the food in my plate and enjoying it. Oh well, I'm not an actual foodie like Sriti is, bit if I like it, I have it. Boy, the food is so good man. I was sitting in Kaira and Vivaan's wedding. As they opted for a simple Indian wedding with not many rituals, so the food was also Indian. Bleh, she was never a fan of Indian food whereas I and Sriti died for Indian food. The spicy ones, especially.

There was still time for the wedding to start and here I was having my snacks and looking around, completely bored and jobless. It's not like I'm least interested in this wedding or something, because after all I can't forget Vivaan's friendship and Kaira, as she said was trying to be nice to me and I saw the guilt in her eyes. Maybe, maybe it was time to actually move on. But the main reason for me being here is not for neither Vivaan nor Kaira, I was here for my Sriti darling. Married life with her is a total bliss. She wanted me to be here, for our childhood buddy and here I am, for her. Boy, I am so whipped.

Seriously,  I couldn't care anymore. The girl out there makes me feel different. When we were best friends, I never even considered her as a girl to be honest. But now, I can't wait to touch her. She was like a need. A drug. An addiction. I was pretty sure I'm going to fall in love with her, soon. I looked around while my eyes searched for the beauty who actually made my life beautiful. I found her who was standing near the greenrooms, with Anya, Kaira and some other girls. Boy, Anya made tough efforts to ensure that Sriti's all dolled up. Anya's whining and Sriti's roasts are so comical, man.

Then, Kaira pointed towards me, I guess Sriti asked her about me

Then, Kaira pointed towards me, I guess Sriti asked her about me. Sriti immediately looked at me and then our eyes met. Those brown orbs immediately lit up and she smiled at me, waving. I waved back with a small smile. She signalled me to come near them and I nodded. By now the other girls were indulged in their own conversations. I reached there and Sriti held my arm, while Anya held my other one.

"Yo man, you're eating everything, without giving me!" Sriti whined and was about to push all the left over food in my plate into her mouth when Anya snatched the plate. "C'mon, you'll spoil your lipstick!" Anya said and start hogging while Kaira chuckled as Sriti pouted. "Oh, so your lipstick won't get spoiled, eh?" Sriti pinched her and Anya swatted her hand away.