Chapter Seven : I'm The Co-Owner

Sriti Nanda

Sriti Nanda.

It was time to get to work. Yay. Okay, I'm not being sarcastic now. I was up and and got ready. Varun was still sleeping. Maybe he was really tired. I thought of waking him but then decided against it. Well, I don't want him to act all distant with me again. I walked down and saw Grandmom having breakfast. I greeted and joined her.

"So, where is that stupid Grandson of mine?" She questioned while sipping her juice to which I slowly chuckled. "He's still sleeping. He's really tired, I guess." I told and started having my sandwich. "So, is everything ready for today's party?" She questioned adjusting her specs. "Yeah. I'll just go and check the stuff again." I nodded and answered to which she just smiled.

"What about Kaira? Is she attending the party?" She questioned and I nodded again. "Yeah, I specially invited Vivaan's family. I also asked him the permission to announce his wedding in this party. Tonight's going to be a big night." I said and she flashed that lively smiled of hers again. Then, I side hugged her and walked out to my office.

-----

I was checking the new wedding magazine to check out the latest trends. After all, this is my job. Okay, it's not like I'm complaining. I really love doing this work. Arranging marriages and making them a success gives me so much happiness. Ah, marriages are seriously wonderful.

At the thought of marriage, Varun's face flashed inside my head and I couldn't help but smile like a lunatic. The things he does to me. "Sriti! What the hell are you doing here, huh?" Then, my sunshine entered my cabin. I just stood up and walked towards him.

"Oh my darling, I was just thinking about you." I said in a dramatic way and placed my hands around his neck. I pushed my body further into him and he slowly gulped looking at me. Oh so cute! "What were you thinking about me, my dear wife?" He smirked and before I could realise what he meant, he pulled me closer by my waist.

"So tell me, what were you thinking?" He whispered against my ear and I felt myself drowning in the pool of pleasure. Jeez, please don't moan! He was looking at me with evil eyes and a stupid smirk. "Oh, dear, I was just thinking about our honeymoon, you know! I always fantasised about you and me going on our honeymoon to Amazon Forest!" It was my time to smirk as his face paled at the name of honeymoon. He immediately left me and moved back. Ladies and gentlemen, here comes the distant Varun back in action.

"What are you doing here, in my workplace eh?" He questioned with are confused look to which I let out an exasperated sigh.

"As you know our family, as in the Nanda's hold fifty percent shares of Moonshine while the other fifty belongs to yours, as in the Reddy's. So as I'm the only daughter of Raghu Nanda, as in the only successor of this Company from the Nanda family, the fifty percent shares belong to me. I think you're aware that Dad wrote all the shares on my name so I'm the co-owner of this Moonshine along with you. So we're going to work together and all the decisions will be made after discussing stuff. Okay?" I questioned smirking and leaned on the table resting my body, whereas he was still processing the new found information. Oh boy, this is so fun! Being the badass feels so good. Bang on, girl!

I mentally patted myself for being so amazing, awesome and fabulous. Okay well too many adjectives, I know. "Oh please, before writing the shares on anyone's name, there have to be a Board Meeting with all the members who are a part of this Company." He stated and gave me a I-Know-Everything-And-You-Cant-Cheat Me look to which I just laughed at his stupidity. "Varun, you do remember right that all the shares belong to only our two families? So when there's no other person who's investing in the business, from where will you have Board Meeting, eh?" I questioned trying hard not to laugh again.

"Okay wait, my Grandmom also needs to approve this change! Come, let's go talk to her. I'm sure she'll say no for you being the co-owner." He stated and held me hand to which I just released my hand.

"Listen up, boy. Grandmom also approves the idea of me being the co-owner along with you. Seriously we both families have equal shares, so there's nothing like approving each other's decisions. We sit together, discuss and make decisions. Get it? So it's waste of time. Instead of that, we can just get back to work, you know?" I stated with a bored expression and he glared at me.

"But no, why would Uncle write all the shares on your name? That's not fair. I don't want to work with you, c'mon! You're so bossy." He started whining like a kid and oh, he looked so cute! "Aye, cutie pie!" I kissed his cheek and all at once he looked shocked. Well, heck, even I was shocked with my action but damn, it felt so good. "Shut up!" He glared at me, wiped his cheek and walked out. I chuckled and got back to my magazine. Truly, marriage does things to you.

-----

Varun Reddy.

Can my life get anymore worse? Man, I'm going mad with this crap. How the hell can Sriti work with me? How's that even possible? Oh boy, I am lucky that she's working with me. Even though I make all those lame mistakes, she'll be here to cover up and correct. Not only that, you get to stare at her everyday, at home and in office. Ah, so roman- shut up, jeez.

What am I thinking? Okay maybe she'll cover up for me but staring and all-no ways bro. I've got better works to do. Yeah, I'm more capable than staring at her all day, c'mon. I started motivating myself so that I can get out of her spell. Man, how much ever I hate to admit, she's surely doing things to me. That's bad, very bad. I need to sto-

Oh boy! Who was I even kidding eh? I know how much capable I am. When she kissed me back there in her cabin, what did I do? Did I scold her for kissing me or did I warn her to not to repeat it again? All I did was to stand there like an idiot and gawk at her. Talking about capabilities and guts.

I'm going mad with this marriage. Why didn't I scold her? Why didn't I yell, make a scene out there? What's wrong with me? I am falling for my wife. "Shut up!" I yelled on top of my voice, clutching my head and immediately my PA walked in with a worried look.

"Sir, are you okay?" He questioned. "Uh-huh, yeah?" I'm answering him not questioning him back. "Uh, okay sir." He was really unsure of my answer but decided to let it go to which I'm very thankful for. Whoof, marriage really does things to you.