Chapter Four : Confusions

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

I was in the Coffee Shop where Sriti worked. All I wanted was to meet her. I wanted to have a talk with her before talking to Kaira about our marriage. I was way too excited. It was already ten in the morning. Sriti should be here till now. I made up my mind and walked towards the Manager.

"Umm, is Sriti on leave today?" I questioned and the Manager looked up to recognise me. He slowly smiled at me."No. She should be here till now. I guess she's caught up with some work, young boy. Why don't you call her?" He suggested and I nodded with a small smile in response. He got back to his work while I checked my wrist watch again and dialed her number. Pick up the damn phone, Sriti. "Hello? Varun, where are you?" She questioned the moment she picked up the call.

"I'm waiting for you in the Café. Where are you?" I questioned tensed. Is something wrong? "Well, I resigned. I'm not going to work there anymore." She said casually while I just opened my mouth forming an O-shape. "What do you mean, huh? If you resigned why doesn't the Manager know anything about it? What's going on, Sriti?" I asked. "Ah, I thought of submitting my resignation letter tomorrow. Anyways why are you waiting for me?" She asked. This carefree Sriti was so not like my bestfriend! What's wrong with her?

"Well, we have to talk!" I said excitedly pushing all my bad thoughts to the back of my brain. "Well then, even I have to talk. Meet me at Dad's office now!" She said which sounded more like an order to me. Stop overthinking, Varun! "Yeah sure, fine with me. Bye. Talk to you later." I hung up.

-----

I was waiting eagerly for her in the waiting room where I could see many people waiting for their call for interview. It was awkward and I felt like an outsider there. Everyone were looking tensed and nervous while I was the only cool one who was playing games in my phone and enjoying. Some people gave me weird looks. Well, mind your own business man.

What's wrong with this girl? She never let me wait like this. Okay, though I wasn't that impatient kinda candidate, yet I was losing my cool because of her. I mean, she's so careless! When I said I've to talk about something important, can't she talk to me once? What's she even doing inside? This is it! Saying this, I walked inside ignoring the calls of the Receptionist.

"Sriti, Sriti!" I shouted on top of my voice and barged into the Uncle's cabin, but no one was there. "Sir, Sriti ma'am is in a meeting. Please wait outside." The Manager came behind me followed by the Receptionist. "Sriti!" I shouted entering the conference room. The sight inside was- beautiful! Gosh, Sriti was looking too good in that formal dress. She was explaining something but was cut off by me.