Chapter Fourteen : Runaway Groom [Part One]

Sriti Nanda

Sriti Nanda.

Right now, I was checking all the new pastel colours and was noting the different combinations as Siya's wedding was two weeks after and I had to get everything ready on time. Just then, Divvy bro entered
my cabin. "Oh so, what made Mr. Divyansh Anand to grace his presence in my cabin, eh?" I said sarcastically while he grumpily came and sat infront of me.

"Shut up, Sriti. I'm so frustrated!" He said irritated and I was about to ask why but Varun entered my cabin. "What the hell is he doing here?" He asked glaring at him and Divyansh gave a bored look to him. "Varun, calm down, he-" He cut me off. What the actual hell? "Don't you have any work? Why are you always behind my wife?" He questioned taking a seat beside him, opposite to me.

"Listen, I'm not jobless, okay? I'm a detective. But I've got some problem and I need my bestfriend's help." Divyansh said and Varun glared at him. "You stay in London, right? Then what are you doing here? The wedding is already over. So just go back." Varun said frustrated and banged the file he had in his hand on the table.

"Nope, I'm not going back, leaving my cousin and bestfriend. I'm staying here. I've transferred from there to here." He said coolly and I smiled brightly at him. Divvy is going to stay with me, so cool. "Man, you're-" Varun cut me off . . . again. "You're so frustrating and idiotic." Varun said and glared at him while Divyansh smirked. "Okay, shut up both of you." I shouted banging my hands on the table. Both of them looked shocked but then composed themselves.

"Okay, now tell me what's bothering you, Divvy?" I questioned after taking two deep breaths. "Well, you know, there's this friend of mine. He's the son of this Home Minister, I've been working with. During the work time, I and his son became good friends. So he invited me to his wedding which is today evening. So I can't just go alone there, c'mon. I want you to accompany me, as my bestfriend. Please?" Divvy said with that puppy dog face and before I could reply, my great husband intervened.

"No ways. Why would she come with you? Go take Anya!" Varun said glaring at him and Divvy's face fell at the name of Anya. "No ways. I'm not taking that idiotic girl. C'mon, I don't wanna embarrass myself there. She's so stupid and crazy, man!" He said and I sighed, closing my eyes. When I opened my eyes, I saw Anya standing at the entrance with a bag in her hand and wet eyes.

"A-Anya?" I said and walked upto her. Divvy and Varun also came near us. Varun had a concerned look while Divvy had the carefree look. "Anya, I'm really ver-" I was about to say when Anya cut me off. "Uh, I came here to give these outfits you asked for Siya's wedding. If you don't like them, just text me okay? I'll get some other outfits. I think I should leave now." She said and was about to turn around handing me the bag when I stopped her.