Chapter Eight : Engaged?

Varun Reddy

Varun Reddy.

It was evening and I was all ready for tonight. I was standing in the middle of rich, educated people, waiting for Sriti to come down. These girls I tell you. But to be honest, I'm utterly surprised that she's actually taking time to cake herself up. A tomboy like her spending hours on getting ready, is a sight worth watching.

Grandmom and Uncle decided to arrange a party where they announced about our marriage. They were happy and proud that their years of true friendship turned into relationship because of a sacred bond like marriage. I was also happy as I was the reason for their happiness.

After Mom and Dad passed away, Grandmom was really upset. I was the only one who kept her sane all through these years. She fought for me and she bought me up in a very good way. I was very happy that finally she was happy with me. Not only her but even Uncle was very upset. First my parents then his own wife; he was depressed and in grief. Sriti was like a bundle of joy in his life. He fought and survived all the evils of life, so that he can bring Sriti up in good conditions. Now today, he looked really glad. He was back to his jolly self, cracking jokes and making people laugh. Okay, though I didn't get the love of my life, I atleast managed to make others closed to my heart happy.

I just wore on of those formal outfits, again. I was sipping my drink when Sriti came down with one of our mutual friend, Anya Khan. Anya is like the beauty queen of our circle. She was always fond of make up and stuff. She had a feminine aura around her which is what I like the most in her.

"Oh god, Varun

"Oh god, Varun. Seriously your wife is mess man." Anya threw her hands up in the air in exhaustion to which I chuckled slowly. She came and stood beside me while Sriti followed her and stood infront of me. Then, my eyes met with hers. She looked at me in awe and I'm pretty sure my eyes too held the same kinda feeling. Mahn, she was gorgeous!

She wore a blue outfit exposing all her perfect curves. Her hair was left free on her shoulders and her face wasn't really caked up but did have a hint of make up. Well, that's really a big deal because Sriti Nanda never really wears make up. I'm shocked Anya actually managed to get her this look and I knew how many tantrums Sriti much have thrown in the way but, oh boy, it was worth it.