Chapter Forty Four

"The principal's house?" I snap, a high gutteral sound, "how did my cellphone end up at the principals house you moron!"

His lips tightend into a thin line and I was fuming. The only thing keeping me from attacking him was the fact that I'd never get my cellphone back without him.

"It's a long story sweetling, and if you plan on getting your cellphone back, I suggest we go now and save the interrogation for later," the asshole replies.

I glowered at the smirk he was wearing and let out a frustrated hiss.

"Fine moron... Stay here while I go change," I command.

"Oh c'mon Tink, there's no need for that," Blade responds immediately, his eyes looking me over searchingly.

"Do you expect me to break into the principal's house wearing a skin tight mini dress and heels?" I reply brusquely, "What do you think I am? Some type of super woman?"

A perilous smirk wafted on his lips and his eyes glistened with amusement.

"Actually... I think I've mistaken you for my woman."

My eyes narrowed at him and I restrained myself from showing any hint of a blush.

"Keep dreaming Blade," I respond staring him down, "... and just so you know, I better get my cellphone or I'll rip you limb for limb."

"You know sweetling," Blade says in a whispery tone, clearly amused and licking his lips, "I find it completely attractive when you threaten me like that."

My nose flared slightly and my jaw clenched.

"I'll have your useless bones stuffed so far down into this earth," I threaten again, "you'll wish I was joking."

"Again... so attractive," he jests.

I gave a snarl and walked away calming my anger.

There were people every where who hadn't bothered going into the house, instead they resolved to sitting on the hoods of their cars chatting and drinking. I entered my house and climbed the staircase as my jaw clenched. Throwing open the closet door I pulled out the first thing I saw and stripped quickly out of the dress. No matter how pissed off I was, it was satisfying pulling on a jogger and hoodie and exchanging the heels for comfy sneakers.

Blade was leaning against his shiny, newly painted Mustang awaiting my return, and his eyebrow rose to an awkward angle, as I made my way down the driveway to him.

"And why are you staring at me like that?" I ask brusquely.

He gave a sigh and look me over,"you do realize we're going to break into the principal's house right?"

"What's your point Blade?"

"We're going to break into the principal's house Tink and the best thing you thought to wear was an outfit of solid pink?" He sputters in disbelief.

"So are we going to argue about fashion now?" I retort.

"Oh for ****sake we'll be in jail before the night ends!"

"Forgive me for wanting to look nice Blade... this wouldn't be happening if it wasn't for you anyway," I respond with a smile tugging on my lips.

"And you say I'm insufferable," he mumbles and walks to the drivers side of the Mustang.

"Guess we're perfect for each other then, don't ya think?" I call loudly.

He scowled and I got in the car and pulled the seat belt on. The first time I'd taken his car for my crazy plot at revenge, I was behind the wheel. Now I'm sitting on the passenger side about to go break into the principal's house. Thanks to the asshole. I could almost hear the angels singing Jailhouse Blues. We left the party behind and Blade drove in silence. For once I didn't care for music, only peering out the window watching my life go by if this ended badly.