Chapter Forty

An entire day of searching and yet Blade was nowhere to be found. I wouldn't find him unless he wanted to be found. And he didn't. He had disappeared off the face of the earth like a single water droplet on a sunny day. Clearly he knew some secret passages in and around the school that I didn't know about, otherwise how else would he have managed to disappear? If I hadn't hesitated to chase after him he wouldn't have gotten away or I'd at least seen where he went.

I kept wondering if he was lying about not having gone through all the photos. Even if he hadn't, he had still gone through my cellphone and stolen pictures. Now he'd get to satisfy his disgusting fantasies, that he knows what I look like beneath the clothes.

I couldn't turn up at his house. I'd be giving the jerk what he wanted. He even hinted at it himself. Offering the key to search his house was an obvious red flag. That afternoon during my walk around the neighbourhood I was constantly looking over my shoulders in case he or one of his cronies were trailing me. It made me mad that I couldn't show up to his house and kick the door in.

Helen must have spent the entire day at the house since she was there when I returned. I spotted some girl going over to Emmett's as I was heading out for my walk. He must not do relationships at all if he was going to have a different girl over every day. It felt odd that the guy I'd been crushing on for a few months now didn't interest me anymore. The walk helped to clear my mind. I wasn't going to let Blade decide how the game ends. I'd be the one to decide that. I scoffed at the thought of him and went back to devising a plan.

And of course I had one. I always have a plan.

                                 👑

The night was rainy and the morning even more. Giant pelts of water hammered on the ground and I would have stayed home only if I didn't know the prospects of the day ahead and how much was riding on it. I got dressed, had something to eat and left for school around 8:40 AM. The rain wasn't falling nearly as hard as it was before and I cruised whilst listening to the sound of Imagine Dragons singing Believer. The parking lot was empty when I got there and I walked to the school building alone. The hallways on the other hand was crammed and the bells chimed before I even got a chance to find Ossey or Blade.

In History class, Hailey was busy chatting away with her friends and every now and then, I saw her eyes flicker to Ossey who, for the first time since I met him wasn't paying attention to the lesson. He was busy doodling on the the paper and all the attention was on him. I even witnessed Mr. Dean's eye flicker from Hailey to Ossey once. At first I was confused then I remembered that the teachers eventhough they pretended not to be, were well up to date with what was going on among the students.

"You look like you're hating the attention," I whisper to Ossey.

"It's becoming unbearable," he scoffs a soft reply.

"You've always gotten plenty of attention," I point out looking over at him.

"Yeah, but when there's a girl involved its worst,"he whispers back miserably, "stupid things start going through your head like - should I hug her, should I hold her hand, does she want me to kiss her, that sort of thing and with everyone constantly watching your every move it's horrible."

I snickered and he rolled his eyes and dawned a frown.

"Ignore them," I grin and attempted to keep the conversation going, "talked to her this morning?"

"Ahh yeah. She's actually a really great girl just like you said."

"You knew that before I said it," I reply with a slight grin and he shrugged.

"What happened to you yesterday? I called and you didn't pick up." Ossey questions.

My mood turned grim.