Chapter Forty One

The evening sun felt great against my skin just thinking how horribly cold the weather had been not long ago.

"Decided where to go for your first date yet?" I ask Ossey Thursday after school.

"Hailey likes theme parks, so maybe there, I guess," he replies with his accent more pronounced and thick.

"Of course take her somewhere she likes," I say with a smile.

The sky was a bright blue dotted with white clouds and a magnificent golden sunshine reflecting against it.

"I almost forgot," I say turning to Ossey, "Emmett is throwing a party and I agreed to go and I thought you'd want to go too."

"Emmett? As in the guy you have a crush on?"

"No... Emmett as in my next door neighbour that happens to be a guy I no longer have a crush on," I tut.

"When did that happen?"

"Why so shocked?" I reply answering his question with a question.

"Have you forgotten you almost murdered me over him?"

"Yes, I have forgotten, because one: that didn't happen."

"It did, you almost broke my arm off over him."

"I was only getting you to talk," I protest.

"Using violence because of a boy."

My mouth opened to shoot a retort at him and I ended up closing it and laughed instead.

"I'm over him okay?" I say chuckling.

"When did this happen?" he persists.

"Turns out I didn't like him as much as I thought I had. He's good looking but I don't think we have much in common."

Ossey stared at me as if he wanted to say something but he didn't. He kept quiet instead.

"I hope it's not too late, I should have mentioned it ages ago," I reveal breaking the silence, "You don't think Hailey would mind would she?"

"Ah no, I think she'd love to go if that's what you're asking."

"Of course that's what I'm asking," I grin.

I haven't mentioned it to Phoebe as yet. Now that I'm no longer required to show up to the flower shop because of Helen trying to teach me a lesson, I wouldn't see her on weekends anymore. I didn't want to get a real job. I happened to like being paid to do nothing at all to be honest.

I sighed.

"I should call Phoebe too and ask her," I mumble.

"I thought Blade had your cellphone," Ossey reminds me

I frowned, remembering that the imbecile had stolen my cellphone.

"The jerk still does," I scoff, "Looks like I need to get Helen to call and ask her."

"You're not getting it back are you?" Ossey ask sticking to the topic of the stolen cellphone.

"Have to," I grunt, "I don't want to know at what cost though."

We made it from my house to Ossey's. The weather was ideal for a walk and I hadn't even realized how far we had walked. Spottacus' barks were loud and I heard him scratching and whimpering at the door as we made our way up the driveway and to the porch. Ossey opened the door and Spottacus dashed by us.

Ossey whistled at him loudly.

"Here boy!" He calls and whistled again.

Spottacus didn't give a shit and just carried on like he didn't hear a thing. I chuckled and Ossey grunted before I heard Noel's voice.