Chapter Thirty Nine

Hailey and Ossey? I didn't see that one coming at all. The guy's great and deserves a great girlfriend but the thought of him being googly eyed and romantic was almost laughable. But who am I to judge, I know absolutely nothing about relationships never have and never will.

My mind shifted to Blade for a split second and I shuddered and gagged and shook my head to erase that horrifying seconds thought. Almost as if everyone in the hallways had suddenly lifted from a trance loud whispering commenced. Oswald's friends were staring at him in complete awe and he looked lost. Students hurried down the corridor whispering, eager to go spread the news to anyone who hadn't witnessed the PDA of the century. Ossey's friends were teasing him and he scowled, ignored their jeerings and walked in my direction leaving them howling at him.

Ossey approached running his fingers through his hair looking a bit... nervous or maybe he was just dazed.

"You didn't see that did you?" He asks modestly with his thick accent.

"Which part, the hold or the lip lock?" I tease slightly.

"Right," he mumbles and I chuckled.

Silently we walked to the staircase and climbed rather sloth like. It was extremely awkward between us. I was grinning oddly at him and he was all red in the face deep in thought.

"So you're going to take her on a date?" I question.

"I'll have to won't I?" He replies looking over at me.

"Yes she'll be expecting that, um what about that Amethyst chic?"

"What about her?" He asks.

"You two weren't official or anything right?"

"No," he replies scratching his head.

"Good, so you're free to date Hailey..." I say softly.

"Ahh yeah," he replies awkwardly.

"Do you like her?"

"Ah... yeah, I do," he responds, "every guy has had a crush on her at some point."

A stiff silence passed between us for a few seconds before I spoke again.

"She's a good person, you deserve a good girlfriend plus you two will look cute together."

He shrugged slightly with both hands in his pocket and turned to me.

"What about you what have you been up to?"

We reached the last step to the second floor and people were already talking wildly about what happened. Ossey's appearance caused a group of girls to smiled at him and commenced whispering to each other. Suddenly it seemed as if every girl found him interesting or attractive now that Hailey has made it known she has the hots for him. I scoffed as three girls giggled and flashed their hair flirtatiously while passing by us.

Oswald was staring at me and I frowned and my lip twitched slightly.

"Spent the weekend, oddly enough with my public enemy number one," I respond suppressing the acidity in my voice.

"Blade? Doing what?" He asks curiously.

"Went for a motorcycle ride... and I met his granddad -who's a stellar gentleman nothing like Blade-," I scoff, "then we dropped by an auto repair shop to check on his Mustang."

"Sounds romantic," Ossey snickers and I shot him a look.

"It's not," I scowl at him.

"So you two are like seeing each other now?" He asks with a grin to annoy me.