Chapter Twenty Six

Detention lasted all evening. After my little run in with the principal I ended up spending an endless half hour in his office, apart from that I ended up with a second detention for parking in his parking space.

A grimace found it's way to my face. If he had been punctual in the first place then it wouldn't have happened.

I was beyond relieved to have lived through that gruesome detention only to head out to the almost empty parking lot to find a detention slip attached to the windshield wiper on the Beetle and the tire clamped. Teeth grounded on each other I crushed the stupid detention slip in my fist angrily before stomping back to the school. Over a dozen persons were in the detention room and an idiot thought it was cool to make paper planes and send flying across the room. Pissed off from my double detention I grabbed one before it could bump into my head and tore in pieces before marching over to the guy and threaten to stick it where the sun never shines. He was taken aback and afterwards sank back into his seat with his tail between his legs. Everyone else was smart enough not to tip my scales for the remainder of the evening.

The biggest surprise of the day was that neither Blade, Jude or Luka had detention. I thought I'd see those morons for certain, nevertheless for the better part of the evening I sat devising a plan on how I would get back at Blade. That piece of shit was the reason I was in detention in the first place. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been trapped inside the girls bathroom, then have a run in with the principal. As soon as detention ended I was the first to leave while most of them remained behind to chat.        

"So how was your first detention?" Ossey asks with a can of beer in hand leaning against the car hood.

"Paradise, everything I dreamt of," I reply sarcastically.

Ossey rolled his eye and looked up at the sky. It was twilight and his black car was parked behind the convenient store in the empty lot outside of town. A couple other cars were parked around the back as well. A group of college girls were laughing loudly and one was holding a bottle of whiskey up to the air as they toasted and laughed more loudly. I took a swig of energy drink and scowled when they began whooping and laughing rather loudly again.

"What do you think they're celebrating?" Ossey asks.

I took another swig from the drink and replied more irritated than I meant to sound.

"Definitely not their first period."

Ossey cast his eyes upon me and raised an eyebrow and I looked away. When he thought I wasn't looking he took another swig from his drink. Again he stare up at the deep inky starless sky and sighed.

I took another taste from the drink and pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged my ankles. The hoodie was slipping from my head but I didn't bother securing it back in place. The chilly wind whipped any bit of skin that was exposed, but was rather soothing. My eye flickered to the group of girls that were dancing away carefree. The unmistakable curly hair, long legs and tan complexion popped out in the light. I shifted my attention back to Ossey who was watching her as well. Amethyst. The hot girl from last weekend's party and as I've learnt a few short hours ago, the girl Ossey was rather busy getting down with to respond to take my text messages.

My stomach grumbled loudly, and I grimaced realizing this must be the reason why he had been eager to hang out here. He must have known she'd show up. Seeing her for the second time around, she had a lot more friends than she did at the party.

"Going to go say hello?"

"I was planning to," Ossey replies scratching his head, "if that's okay- I mean you wouldn't mind if I disappeared for a bit?"