Chapter Twenty Seven

Brett chuckled and craned to get a better view.

"Did you hear me," Adam calls from the door, "be home before midnight."

I scowled and continued walking.

" Have fun at your kiddy party!" Adam calls mockingly.

"Whatever asshole," I grumble under my breath.

The Beetle left the driveway and not long after slowed into the schools parking lot for the second time. I never imagined that I'd be spending my night at a stupid school party but Ossey seemed to be of the idea that it wasn't as bad as I was putting it out to be. The parking lot was almost full and I exited the car and smooth out my dress with my palms.

There were groups of person's standing around chatting away contentedly. Music filled the air and I walked to the source of the music, scowling at persons who had stop talking to look at me. The double doors leading into the auditorium was slightly ajar and I pushed my way inside almost bumping shoulders with a girl a foot taller than I was. Disco lights were flashing and the dance floor was packed with teens dancing and whooping. More and more persons were filing in and out in pairs and trio's and I spotted the punch table and made my way over to it. It took me a few seconds to realize that the person serving drinks was Char. She looked colorful as ever but oddly different.

"Hey Secret," she beams spiritedly and reaches for a cup to pour me some punch.

"Hey Char," I reply hoarsely.

She handed me the drink with a smile and I took a sip. A boy I've probably seen before walked up to the punch table with a stupid look on his face Cha.

"Hey Ms. Charles, looking amazing tonight," he compliments and she blushed slightly.

"Thank you, Elliot," she beams handing him a cup, "enjoy the party."

He took the cup and winked at her before turning his attention to me. His eyes roamed my body and I narrowed my eyes at him and he walked away. Char grinned and bobbed along to the music even singing along when she knew the lyrics.

"Enjoying the party so far?" She questions.

"Ah, it's great," I respond looking around at the group of people having fun.

Char's smile had not dwindle not even for a second. I frowned at the fact that she was just another version of Phoebe and Hailey sent in my life to torment me.

"What are you supposed to be?" I ask looking at her costume.

"Arghh!" She says imitating a very strange voice," Ahoy there mateys!"

I raised an eyebrow questioningly and she continued smiling with her lips a bright red.

"A pirate of course," Char exclaims with a chuckle.

"Oh," I mutter awkwardly.

She chuckled again and continued dancing. I had two more cups of punch before I bid her farewell while she danced and handed out more punch. Every teen in the country must have been at the party. I made my way through the crowd feeling like a junior because of how short I was. My eyes scanned the auditorium for Ossey's dark curly hair but he was not here, instead I spotted two other teachers whose class I was probably in but I doubt they even knew that. I scoffed and continued making my way through the crowd. My cellphone was in the purse and I fished it out. A message from Ossey was on the screen and I read it and grimaced.

- Running late. Will be there in a bit. Don't get mad.

Mad? He has no idea.

Outside of the auditorium had just as many people as inside. A couple dressed as Wonder woman and Super man was making out below where I stood and there friends were flirting with each other a few meters away.