Chapter Fourteen

The remaining hours passed like a literal flash of lightening. After lunch I had the afternoon session which was Physics and I spent the two hours doodling on the note sheets the teacher had handed out to everyone. I didn't stay around long enough after the final bell went. I didn't spot Oswald whom I had had two classes with in the crowd flocking out of the school, and followed everyone out to the parking lot where I got Beetle and hit the road.

The door slammed loudly after I barged through. Adam's motorcycle was parked in the driveway which was a clear indication the doofus was home. Usually I would be compelled to run the thing over, so he would stop blocking the whole driveway by parking it sideways just so he could piss me off. I parked the Beetle as closely to the motorcycle as possible, which left very little space in the driveway. Helen and Victor was going to be livid when whoever got home first and have to park on the streets sidewalk because they cannot enter the driveway thanks to Adam.

I closed the bedroom door loudly frowning at the voices coming down the hall. It was only the first and I was already worn exhausted. Margo the girl that sat next to me in Physics didn't help much because of her sniffling. I scowled and ignored her. The girl was having boyfriend troubles that much was obvious. She seemed oddly nice enough duringvthe brief second we had spoken at the start of class, which left me confused as to why she'd waste tears crying over a loser and being an emotional train wreck.

She must cry a lot in these classes, since no one seemed surprised and instead just ignored her.

The satchel bounced on the bed which was covered in a black and purple duvet flopped down next to before popping open a can of beer. I took a swig before setting it down on the nightstand and fell backwards with my arms stretched out on either sides of my body. I sighed loudly and the cellphone began buzzing in my pocket. I struggled to get it out and frowned at Helen's name on the screen.

"What did I do now?" I grumble into the phone miserably.

Helen's voice seeped through the speakers and I pouted up at the ceiling.

"Did you go to school like you were told?"

"What makes you think I'd skip school twice in a row?" I query.

"The same reason you skipped it once already," she tutted.

"Well no need to worry, I showed up like you asked."

"Good now make sure you're home when I get there."

"Where else would I be?" I groan into the phone, "It's not like I have a secret hideout somewhere anyways."

"Just be there," Helen commands before the line went dead.

I frowned and finished the can of beer. Twenty minutes passed before a door opened and voices came from out in the hall. It was a females voice... and she was human too.

I groaned and covered my face with a pillow to block out the conversation. When I couldn't hear them anymore I got up from the bed. Adam must have left along with whoever that was.

Considering all I had today was some Cocoa Pebbles, I made a sandwich and brought it back up to my room. I cranked the volume up and music blasted from the mini speakers as I chowed down the sandwich. This was what my baloney sandwich would have tasted like if I had gotten the chance to eat it. Thanks to that idiot I didn't, I hope he choked.

A frown spread across my face and I chewed more of the sandwich, and downed another can of beer. The frown disappeared as a new song blasted from the speakers. One that I knew the lyrics to and I was belting away like my life depended on it.

My bedroom door flew open and I looked up mid lyric to see Helen standing at the door. She was wearing a black jeans and a striped off the shoulder over sized shirt with a pair of wedges. I frowned and turned the volume down and once it was low enough she spoke from her stance at the door.