Sunday Sept. 30th: I've Been Up In The Air

I decided that it would only be fitting to end my very first book on my birthday which is today! I'm filled so many emotions like one second I'm laughing and the next I'm sobbing! But I'm working on getting the next book up and running so be on the lookout for that.. but other than that, this is Kelsey Barker (Jai's mom) if anyone cares.

Title: Up In The Air- 30 Seconds to Mars

(Jai's P.O.V)

I'd been waiting at the diner so long that I lost track of all the wasted hours that went by. I'd gotten through my interview with Morgan's mom, Larissa, and she automatically gave me the job on the spot. I was still hoping that Morgan would show up, but no one in their right mind would stay even three hours after someone was supposed to meet with you. It's not because I'm that kind of person who just waits around because I have nothing else to do, it's because I've got this feeling inside of me whenever Morgan is around and I feel like I stick around because of that.

I could feel myself drifting off to sleep as I stared at the moon reflecting off of the ocean in front of me. Everyone in town is asleep, which meant that there was dead silence all around me and when a loud bang came out of nowhere, it caused me to jump out of my skin. I turned towards the sound and I found that Grayson was either locking the door to the diner, or he was breaking into it.

"You scared me." I breathed, catching his attention.

"I didn't think anyone would be here after midnight." He mumbled, shoving his hands in his pockets and making his way over to me.

"Aren't you supposed to be at some dance?" I asked, watching as a cars headlights drove along the street.

"Nah, my mom forced me to come and work the late shift."

"So you left Hannah all alone?" I questioned, raising my eyebrows.

"She didn't want to go with me in the first place."

I found it odd that my sister would all of the sudden give up on Grayson. It was obvious to me and everyone at school that there was something going on between the pair of them, and I've even seen them kiss more than once. I couldn't figure out the reason why Hannah did this and I didn't understand what she was hoping to gain from this. "Who did she end up going with?"

"I don't know, I haven't talked to her," The tone in his voice hinted a bit of irritation so I dropped the subject of my sister. "Listen don't you have somewhere else to be, you've been here forever."

"Oh yeah, I-I thought I was meeting Morgan," I briefly stuttered. "You haven't seen her have you?"

"I'm not keeping up on her comings and goings anymore." He shrugged, heading off in the opposite direction. I hopped off of the bench to chase after him, putting a hand on his shoulder to turn him around.

"Look, man, I never meant for me and her being together to be a problem for you."

"It is what it is." He shoved my hand away and took off down the road.

"I can give you a ride home, ya know?" I called out to him, but instead of replying he gave me the middle finger and kept on walking. "Whatever." I muttered under my breath.

I grabbed my phone out of my pocket, not caring what time it was and dialed Morgan's number. I waited about four rings before it stopped and her voice came through the other line.

"Hello?" She answered, yawning into the phone.

"Hey," I muttered. "Did something happen?" I wondered, not understanding why she would bail on me without an explanation.

"Oh my-," She started, mentally slapping herself. "I'm so sorry, Jai." She sighed.

"Are you okay?" I asked, shoving my empty hand in my jacket pocket.