Saturday Sept. 1st: I'm About To Lose My Mind

Howdy y'all! So I just wanted to clear a couple things up before people get confused: The first thing is since I have made a deaf character the way you can tell if they are signing or talking is by the bold lettering which means they are signing. Second I have volleyball practice every night so I'll most likely update on the weekends. I have good idea where this story is going to go so that's good! Onward with the story! But before I go the multimedia picture is Isaac!

Title: I Need A Doctor- Dr. Dre

(Isaac P.O.V)

What did I do to deserve this? I had the as-close-to-prefect life as someone could get to and now I was moving to the middle of nowhere Maine. Well it does have a name. It's Camden. The population is less than ten thousand people if that gives you any idea. I was supposed to go to the University of Nebraska and become a Cornhusker. Now the school I'm attending doesn't even have enough textbooks for its students.

At first when dad showed us all pictures of what Camden is like I imagined a rundown, small life town with absolutely no entertainment whatsoever. But that's not how it turned out to be and I was relieved of that. The famous local diners that claim to have the 'World's Best Coffee' sure wasn't anything to believe especially when I assumed no one had been out of the city, let alone the state. But I definitely wanted to go boating on the water, maybe even go water skiing if I had the time. Or if I had a boat or friends to go with for the matter. Hidden caves with old ancestor stories of Bigfoot lurking in the shadows seemed like an adventure, none that I was eager to go on.

But one thing is for sure. I'm not going to sit around and make things worse than they already are by laying on my ass and complaining about something that I couldn't control.

All the packing, the headaches, and explaining to Katherine why we have to move at least 12 times each day didn't make things any better. The only good part was getting on the plane sitting on the window seat with my Beats headphones in listening to Coldplay on repeat.

Suddenly Katherine pulled on my brown hair making me jump. I turned my head towards my baby sister.

"What are you doing you shouldn't be out of your seat." I signed, reaching my hand out to pat at her curly brunette hair. "How much longer Izzy?" she asked me. I looked down at my iPhone and the time read 9:52 AM. It'd only been two hours and the flight was three and a half.

"Still a little while Kitty. Why don't you take a nap?" I asked as she climbed into my lap.

"I'm not tired I just wanna get off," she whimpered putting her tiny hands over her ears. I pushed her head in closer to my chest.

"Sir, I'm sorry but she needs to be fastened in her seat we are about to make a stop before our final destination." The flight attendant said to me before walking away.

"Hey Nixon switch seats with Kitty for me." I asked. He sighed and unbuckled his seat belt before moving four rows up and sitting next to Trey whose face was glued to the window.

I picked Katherine up and set her in the seat next to mine buckling her in, trying to keep her as close to me as possible. I searched my pockets finding a piece of gum for her to chew on hoping it would stop her ears from hurting any longer.

As time passed from the stop, passengers getting on and off, and then getting back into the air Katherine had passed out in my arms, still sound asleep when the plane landed in Augusta just a one hour drive away from Camden.

"Kitty wake up baby." I mumbled softly knowing that she couldn't hear me, I picked her up out of her seat as she attached her arms around my neck like a sloth and carrying her off the plane into the airport. I tried to set her down in a chair next to Trey but she didn't want to let go.

Katherine whined holding on tighter. I sighed and let her stay curled up in my lap until our moving service arrived with all our things from Nebraska.

"I'm going to get a pizza. Pepperoni right?" My father spoke. Everyone nodded and Nixon and Trey followed him to the food court.

"Mom do you know how much longer until they get here with everything? We still have to drive from here to Camden right?" I questioned running my hands though my sister's hair.

"It shouldn't be much longer since they left a couple days before we did. We should be home before dinner." My mother assured me. I looked down the hall to where my family left to get lunch when I saw them turn the corner carrying 2 pizzas and several drinks. Watching them return I shook Katherine lightly, her rubbing her back softly. She let out a quiet whine moving closer into my neck.

When I moved my head away to take her out of hiding she squeaked at me. I picked her up and she wrapped her legs around my waist as I carried her to the table nearby.

"You can go back to sleep after you eat." I signed setting her down in the chair next to Nixon. I reached across the table for a slice of pizza when I saw Katherine try and get into Nixon's lap to go back to sleep but my mother got up and set her back into her chair.

Lunch conversations about 'all we are going to be eating for the rest of our lives is lobster so you better enjoy this pizza while you can' seemed like a joke. I never had lobster, probably because if you ate lobster in Nebraska you were rich. And I'm not talking about eating at Red Lobster either. A few hours passing the time the clock was now at 4:23 PM when the moving truck arrived, along with our cars which was one of the best things I saw all day besides flying high up in the clouds.

Hitting the road one last time before settling in to our new 'home', my father and Trey carried on a conversation in the first car about hockey something my dad always supported. He and I never saw eye-to-eye on pretty much anything. He wanted me to be an athlete and I became interested in music instead. I wanted to travel the world. Not to be a musician but to live my life. I wanted to see the Kremlin in Russia or see Big Ben in England and he wanted me to never leave the country. He tried the same thing on Nixon and look how that turned out, mostly brains and not a lot of bronze. As for Trey he was like a mini-me version of my father. He was the son he always wanted.

Nixon who was closer to my mom was talking in the second car about making new friends something that he struggled with especially when he was getting closer to starting high school soon. She tells him to just be himself and people will be dying to be his friend in no time. My mom was the opposite of my father. If you wanted to dye your hair blue it's because of who you wanted to be, not because of some kind of gang symbol or being a non-conformist. She was always positive about everything you did. She always did say "there was nothing you couldn't do, just don't be stupid enough not to try it."

My father never listened to my mother's advice. When we first found out that Katherine was deaf we all signed up for sign language classes because that would be the reasonable thing to do right? Wrong. My father only learned about 10 signs before saying, "I'll learn more later." My mother and I are fluent in sign language while my brothers struggled in some area or another. Katherine had a very good memory but lacked in her attention span so it was harder for her to learn.

As of late she has been very clingy towards me, that becoming very clear when she wanted to ride in my Camaro. A 1969 First Edition Pro Touring Resto Mod. Like anyone actually cared what it was called. It was Black and everyone thought it was cool. It was my baby and I didn't want Kitty slobber in my personally paid piece of gold. I'm glad my mother insisted she ride with her instead, all for safety purposes of course. And it's not like I don't like her company but I just want to not have to play silly games and watch to her count as high as she can.

I just want these last years of high school to go by as fast as possible so I can go off to college and never look back. So I can imagine that it never happened, like it was all a dream. Everything but the boating part. That can stay in my mind.