Friday Sept. 14th: I'm Living On Such Sweet Nothing

I'm introducing a new minor character and his name is Wes! And that's his face in the multimedia... because you know-- I updated again. Don't give up on this story because I have big plans coming!

Title: Sweet Nothing- Calvin Harris

(Penner's P.O.V)

I met Isaac in the library after school, just like he wanted me to. Although I wasn't any good at Spanish I might as well take every opportunity to spend as much time with Isaac as I could. I spotted his familiar back pack leaning up against the bottom of the very last bookcase on the right.

I smiled and started walking over, but the closer I got the louder I could hear the sound a pages being ripped. I saw them piling up on the floor and I leaned up against the bookcase without Isaac knowing I was there.

"Why couldn't you take Russian? I know that it took me almost three years to become fluent, but you'll have a better hope of someone else helping you with Spanish," I joked, but got no response from him. He had his head buried in a Spanish- English dictionary and was scribbling down words that I didn't understand.

"Hello, were you listening?" I moved my head to examine if he was ignoring me, but a white chord was plugged into his phone that stretched up to his ears. I could see his foot tapping out of the corner of my eye.

"Oh okay, I'll just sit here and have a conversation with myself. Because you know I'm standing right here wanting to talk to you and you're sitting there listening to music not hearing a word that I'm saying."

He just continued to flip through his Spanish book, writing down sentences, but not looking up at me. Then in an instant a thought popped into my head. If I was going to ask him to my boyfriend tomorrow at the Historical Society party I might as well practice right? Besides, Rico always taught me that if you practice before you perform, you won't be nervous when it's time for the real thing.

"So I'm going to take this chance to tell you how I feel," I took a deep breath. "I accidentally found you in a cemetery and you just happened to be this amazing part in my life, better than what Tyson ever made me believe," Isaac was now tapping his pen on his knee while bobbing his head along to the beat, clearly oblivious to any words I was saying.

"I can't help but feel like you have mutual feelings towards me and I would give up almost anything to call you mine." He stretched his arms back and his knuckles hit my leg slightly, making him jump. He ripped his headphones out and glanced up to see who was standing there.

"Penn, hey," He smiled at me. "How long have you been standing there?"

"I just got here," I lied. "You know your nose looks significantly better than from when I saw it at lunch. It doesn't look as blue." I took his chin in my hands to get a closer look at his face.

"Yeah?" The pitch of his voice went up.

"Yeah."

"Vas a ayudarme con mi Español?" He grinned.

"ты только оскорблять меня?" I laughed, fighting back with the language he didn't understand.

"What the hell just came out of your mouth?" His jaw was hanging on the ground.

"Did I never mention I was fluent in Russian?"

"I don't think that vital piece of information was ever shared with me."

"Hmm, it must have slipped my mind." I winked.

"What did you say?" He asked eagerly, grabbing my hand and pulling me down so I could to sit next to him. He adjusted his posture as he waited for me to answer.