Friday Sept. 28th: Hey Little Train We're Jumping On

Phewww! Man has this been one hell of a ride or what? I'm so excited that this story is about to come to a close, but I'm also really sad because it's MY BABY!! But I have big things planned for the sequals... That's Rico's sister, Carmen Ramirez. I'm sorry if there's errors okay I'm really sorryyyy

Title: O Children- Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

(Isaac's P.O.V)

From Penner: Hey, babe:) I know it's like 3 AM right now but I'll be really busy all day. Sorry if you don't hear from me. 1 more sleep!

That was the text I woke up to when I went to shut my alarm off. I'd spent all of last night spilling out my life story to Penner, and believe it or not, it honestly felt like the words coming out of my mouth gave him and I a stronger bond together. Although it was now 4 PM and I still haven't gotten a text from Penner since earlier this morning.

So while I waited for some sort of reply, I was lying face down on the couch in my room, watching Netflix to pass the time. But instead of quiet silence like I was expecting, all that could be heard was loud laughter and screaming coming from my brothers. I groaned from my comfortable position to stomp over to the door and yank it open.

"Hey!" I yelled down the stairs. Our neighbors, the Gilbert's, had two large bloodhounds that had gotten out of their gate and was now running crazy in our yard. Trey was scared to death of them, although they were completely harmless. "Stop the racket." I mumbled when both of their faces appeared in my line of sight. As Trey snickered to Nixon, I resumed my place on the couch until I was interrupted yet again.

"Are you all right?" Nixon asked, coming up the stairs and into my room. "You've been watching reruns since we got home."

"Reruns are the philosophy of the typical high school student."

"Hey, I get it, I have no life," He joked, crossing his arms as he gazed confusedly at the screen. What he said was true in my case as well because I didn't have a life either. Morgan had Alice rehearsals every day after school, Jai had baseball, and I wasn't close enough with any of my other friends to hang out. All I needed to do was wait until Penner got home and then my life would have some kind of purpose.

"What is this?" He wondered, pointing at the screen.

"It's called Freaks and Geeks."

"Is that James Franco?" He gasped, sitting on the arm of the couch. I was going to give him a run-down of the whole show, just to see if he'd be interested or not in it, but before I could my brother and I jumped when my mom yelled from the bottom of the steps.

"Hey, boys!"

"Hi." I waved as I made it to the bottom of the steps.

"What are you guys up to?" She asked with two bags in her hands.

"Oh, uh just hanging around." Nixon replied.

"Does pizza sound alright for supper?"

"Yeah, that sounds good." I exchanged looks with my brother and we both nodded. She smiled as she tightened her grip on the bags. Trey followed her inside, avoiding the huge dogs by hiding behind my mom.

"U-umm, Isaac." Nixon whispered, nudging me in the ribs with his elbow before I could go back to my room.

"What?"

"Turtle's dead." He pointed over to the pair of dogs who were now chewing and shredding our sister's favorite toy to bits.

"Oh my God," I gasped, dropping my jaw to the ground. "Turtle, no."