Sunday, Sept. 23rd: It's The Worst Damn Day Of My Life

Hey everyone! I update faster this time! Anyways there's no picture for this one.. mostly because I'm updating from my sister's computer and she doesn't know about it... I hope you all like this chapter!!

Title: When I Was Young- Blink 182

(Penner’s P.O.V)

“Hey, Beks.” I smiled at my sister as I walked into the kitchen.

“Morning,” Her eyes adverted to mine, both of her hands were grasping onto her coffee mug. “Coffee's hot.” She pointed over to the maker on the counter.

“Thanks,” I sighed, reaching for a glass to try and wake myself up.

“Rough night?” She asked from her new spot at the bar table.

“Uh, rough week to be honest,” I explained. “I'm a little stressed. You?”

“I’m feeling pretty good.” She grinned.

“You know, if you're going to bring my teacher home, try not to let me see it at the front door.” I mocked, remembering Mr. Reed in my house last night.

“I'm sorry.”

“Uh-huh,” I played along, knowing that she wasn’t sorry at all. “Don't wait up tonight.” I took my coffee and began taking it with me to my room

“Where are you going?” I heard the squeak of the chair on the hard wood floors, as I assumed my sister was following me to the stairs.

“That volunteer thingy.”

“You are volunteering? It’s amazing what can happen in two years,” My sister laughed, making me tap my fingers against the cup in my hand. “Old Penner would’ve said screw it and slept in all day.”

“Isn’t it a miracle? I’m a new man,” I joked as I began climbing the stairs to my room. “I gotta get ready.” I explained as Rebekah stared at me from the bottom of the steps.

(Morgan’s P.O.V)

“Are you off today?” I asked, noticing my dad brewing coffee in the pot.

“The volunteer picnic is today,” He cleared his throat, reaching into the cabinet to grab a mug. “You’re the one who signed me up.”

“I know,” I crossed my arms. “I just assumed you’d try to find a way out of it.”

“Nope, I’m gonna spend the whole day with my daughter.” He smiled, fixing his eyes on my brother as he walked into the bathroom.

“You’re gonna pretend to be a father?” I spit.

“I’ll bring my gun if it gets rough,” He joked, but my face expression didn’t change. “Come on, give me one day. I’ve been buried at work, I’ve hardly seen you.”

“Well be warned, I’m in a mood.” I raised my eyebrow.

“Yay for me,” He sat at the bar, going through the mail from yesterday. “Did you have fun last night?”

“Yeah um— it was great.” I coughed.

“Is everything okay with you?” His tone sincere.

“I’m fine.”

“It’s just lately you seem different.”

“I’m not different, I’m fine.” I defended. Of course I seemed different. I was constantly at theatre practice after school and I felt as though I was getting out of the loop with my friends and family.

“I know you think I don’t notice these things, but I do,” My hands traced the tile along the counter. “What’s going on with you?”

I watched Grayson come out of the bathroom and give us both a questioning look. I’ve always noticed my dad being a little rough on him in the past, but it wasn’t strange when he didn’t speak to my dad for quite some time.