Part 3

During lunch I usually sit alone in a corner. But dylan asked if he could sit by me. I don't really know why but... "you sit alone?" He asked. "I'm the weird girl. What did you expect? A bunch of people lining up to sit by me?" I joke. He laughs and sits down. "So who were those girls back there?" He asks. "That's Mandy Moor. She and my brother are... complicated." I say. "Ok. Well if she gives you any trouble, just tell me and I'll take care of it." He says winking at me. That made me laugh. "Thanks for the offer." I say. We sat in silence for a couple of minutes eating or nasty food. "So, about those drawings today. There really good. Did you sign up for the art club? I saw some posters in the hall and thought of you." He said taking a sip of his milk. He thought about me?! I was until my bitchy mom said I couldn't because I suck at art. "Never thought about." I say with a smile. "Well you should totally join. It sounds like a lot of fun." He says smiling.

After school I had to walk home because Kyle was dropping Mandy home. *rolls eyes maybe about 200 times* but it's no big deal. Just a 20 minute walk!

When i got home, my mom was waiting at the kitchen table. "You!" She says. "Me." I say back. "Don't give me attitude missy!" She says walking over to me. "What?" I say putting my bag down. "You stole $20 from me." She says. "No-" I begin to say. Kyle!!!! In going to kill him when he gets home. "Oh yes you did." She says. Before I could walk away I felt I sharp pain in my right cheek. My mom slapped me! "Ow!" I scream. "Good. Maybe that will teach you a lesson." She says. "This isn't school." I whisper to myself. "What did you say?" She says coming back to me. " I said I'm sorry." I lie. "Yeah right." She says walking away. "I wish I went to the art club after school.

I went up to my room and started on my homework. After that, I went into the bathroom to take a shower. I slipped my
Clothes off but something caught my attention in the mirror. My cheek. It was red and swollen from my mom. I started to cry because even though my dad left us for a man, I wish he was here to protect me.

After my shower I put on some sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt. "Kyle! Supper is ready sweetly." My mom called. I walk out of my room and down the stairs into the kitchen. "Why are you doing down here?" She asks. "getting food?" I say sitting down. "Oh no you're not." She says. "You aren't eating because of that stunt you pulled." She says. "What stunt?" Kyle asks. "She stole $20 from me." She says walking my towards the stairs. "But mom-" he tried to say. "No. Don't cover for your disgrace of a sister. Either my face was still wet from my shower or a tear slipped from my eyes. I looked at Kyle and walked up to my room.

All I know is that... I HATE MY MOM.

********
Crap! Will Katie still join the art club? Will Kyle stick up for Katie? Keep reading!! Make sure to like and comment what you think:)