Part 1

It's the first day of junior year. I can hear my brother blast his music across the hall. I don't want to leave the bed because if I do, let's just say it won't be pretty. "Katie! Get you're ass down to the kitchen now!" My mom screams. My mom. She hates me. And don't say how I shouldn't say that. She actually told me I was a mistake. I guess she was mad because my dad left her for a man? I don't know. I get to see him two times a month. I have a twin brother. She loves him more than me. I don't know why? We were born on the same day. Don't ask.

I make my way to the closet and put on some jeans and a black shirt. "Katie! Don't make me come up there and smack you!" She says again. "I'm coming mom!" I scream back. When I walk down the stairs Kyle is saying bye to mom. "Wait I thought you were driving me to school?" I say to him. "You should have gotten down here faster sis." he says walking out. "Thanks." I say. "Sit down and eat your breakfast." My mom snaps at me. I take a seat and start eating. "Mom, I have art after school." I say to her. I signed up for art for a club after school to get away from this house."no you don't. You need to help me after school and clean the house." She says cleaning the dishes. "But I have to go." I say. "To bad. I don't even know why you joined. Your not good at art anyway."she says. I frown and walk back up to my room. I grab my bag and put on
My sneakers as I head out the door.

I don't have any friends at school. My brother on the other hand is the most popular guy in school. He brings a girl home every weekend. "Hey sis." Kyle says walking up to me while his friends follow. "Hey Katie." His friends say. I wave to them and turn to Kyle. "What do You want?" He looks at me with puppy eyes. "What?" I say again. "Can I borrow $20?" He says. I give him a blank stare. "Why do you want $20?" I ask. He looks at his friends then at me. "I'm taking Mandy out tonight." He says. "No. You aren't leaving me home with-" I stop myself. Our mom drinks when Kyle isn't home. Like a lot of drinking. Sometimes it gets out of hand. That's why I lock myself in my room. "Please!" He says. "No. You are home tonight." I say. "You're gonna let you sister tell you what to do?" One of his friends asks. I don't really know any of Kyle's friends names. "Your right. Katie, give me $20 or I'm telling mom." He says smirking. I roll my eyes and walk away. I heard some of his friends laugh at him and I smile.

   When I got into first period, I sat down in the back. I don't really interact with people. I grabbed my notebook out and started to doodle. I love to draw. It's like my escape from reality. I thought about going to art school but my mom won't let me. She think it won't "get me far." "Cool drawing." A husky voice said. I look up and smile. "Thanks."I said "Your welcome."

********
Hello everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. More to come!! Make sure to like and comment what you think:)