Chapter Forty Three

Start from the beginning

"Is that your new boyfriend?" Blade asks and my lips curled into a smile.

"Awe somebody's jealous," I quip.

"Just answer the question Tink," Blade says staring me down.

I smirked.

"So what if he's my boyfriend?"

"He's not," Blade responds almost cockily.

"How are you so certain?" I prod feeling my cheeks turning red.

The jerk was obviously jealous and I was going to rub it in his face. For a second I almost forgot about my plan which was to get close enough to steal back my cellphone.

"Brad right?" Blade asks and the smile disappeared from my face.

He smiled when he saw that he was right. I should have expected them to know each other why didn't I suspect that they did.

"If you're going to hit on him I'd say you're wasting your time sweetling," he says cockily.

"How so?" I question with an edge of unease in my voice.

"I happen to know his girlfriend," he grins mockingly, "or is it ex?" Blade asks amused, "it's hard to tell they break up and get back together a lot."

I narrowed my eyes at him and clenched my teeth.

"Is that why you called me out here?" I finally scoff.

"I just thought it was my turn sweetling."

"Your turn?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

He stared at me mutely. The most unnerving part about the entire conversation was that he hadn't hit on me not once or roamed his eyes over my body.

"Something's up with you tonight," I comment staring him directly in the eye.

"I thought my only competition would've been Emmett, seems like I'm wrong," he says with a sad soft voice and a pout mockingly.

"Competition?" I repeat softly as if the word was poisonous and if I said it too hard I'd choke.

A smile twitched on my lip but I pushed it away as quickly as it came and stared up at the six feet tall boy with the mesmerizing green eyes. All I have to do is get close enough my brain screamed and I took a step closer to him. Now that I knew that Brad was probably just on a break with his girlfriend I felt like he wouldn't be enough to get Blade jealous to the point of letting his guard down.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks locking gaze with me.

"You're such an asshole I thought the first thing you'd do once this conversation started was blackmail me," I say stepping closer to him.

"It must have slipped my mind," he chuckles and dug his hands into his pockets, "I wonder where Emmette is hiding, any ideas Tink?"

My expression hardened.

"Your threats don't have any effect on me Blade."

"Certainly they must Sweetling, you know what I better go fill Emmett in on our little secret," he teases.

My cheeks grew hot.

"You'd never," I almost spat.

"Oh I will Tink," he threathens chillingly.

"Play however you want Blade," I sneer and walked away abondoning my plan without stopping to think about it.

"C'mon Tink," he calls loudly, "I won't let it slip if you-"