Broken

Chaos

When I picked Percy up he was shivering and turning more and more pale by the second. Kronos poisoned him with some type of clear liquid, but I don't know any thing that could do this to a primordial.

Once I got to the infirmary on Planet Chaos Percy's breath was short and shallow. He winced as I laid him on the bed. I think he gave me permission to remove his cloak because it came off with ease. His shirt was black with white lettering that read 'Chaos Rules', that made me laugh a little. Once I cut the shirt off I was able to examine the cut more closely. I wouldn't be able to fully describe it; the cut was deep and black looking, the veins around it could be seen too.

Percy was still bleeding which was definitely not normal for a primordial. What scared me the most for my son was that his blood was turning black. When I started cleaning it Percy would wince in pain and it made me wince because I didn't want to cause my son any more pain. I would trade places with him instantly if I could. He has been through so much, I just wish I could end his suffering.

After I wrapped his waist I gave him some ambrosia and nectar. He let out a sigh of relief after he swallowed the ambrosia which made me feel relief.

- Time Lapse -

It has been two days since Percy was poisoned and he wasn't much better. I still don't know what the substance was that Kronos used.

Percy was back to his usual color but his breathing was deep and unsteady. He should of woke up by now, and I still don't know what Kronos said to him so who knows his mental state. I can just hope that he pushes through okay.

The infirmary is just down the hall form the kitchen. I was in the kitchen fixing Percy some ambrosia.

"Dad?" I heard someone say from the doorway. I spun around quickly to find Percy leaning on the door frame looking at me with those broken sea green eyes. It hurt me to see him so weak and fragile. 

"What happened?" he asked.

"You lost consciousness and I brought you here. You have been our for two days." He looked down with confusion on his face.

"How do you feel?" I asked him as I walked over to the door.

"Do you want the honest answer or the 'nothing hurts me answer'?" He said with a smirk on his face.

A smile formed on my face out of pure joy as I wrapped him in a hug. "At least you are still sarcastic! But really, are you okay?" I responded to his comment.

He pulled away from my grasp and let out a sigh as he leaned up against the door frame, then he looked down. "no.........." he whispered.

"No what?" I asked gently.

"I'm not okay at all dad. I haven't been able to see Annabeth for 20 years or my only two friends. I have flashbacks of being tortured and I feel the pain like it is really happening. Everything still hurts and I can't make it stop. And now, Kronos knows who I really am!" His voice was breaking and he had tears rolling down his face. I had no idea all this was happening to him. I was about to give him a hug when he continued with his voice cracking.

"I'm tired of acting like I know what I'm doing and that I have it all together when I don't!

'How was he so good at hiding his feelings, if only I knew.' My son was completely broken and I had no idea of how to help.

He suddenly started to shiver and let out a small scream as he slumped to the floor. Percy then asked me something that I didn't know how to do; "Dad just PLEASE, just make it stop!"

I did the only thing that I could do at that moment. I sat down on the floor and scooped him into my lap with my arms around him in a protective way. He started crying and was mumbling things that I could barely make out. "Annabeth........... I'm sorry........ I need you........... I can't do this without you......."

Percy eventually fell asleep in my arms so I carried him back to bed. What confuses me the most is that as the days past he doesn't get any better, actually, he gets worse. Something is killing him and I still haven't found anything to help.

I is around 3 in the morning when I hear Percy screaming from his room. I run to his side and find him thrashing in his bed sweating a cold sweat. He let out another scream but this time is wasn't just a scream, he screamed someone's name. Annabeth. Once I woke him up there were tears coming down his face.

"Dad when can I see Annabeth again?" he asked with a dry voice.

That's when it hit me. Annabeth. That is what's wrong with Percy. He can't live any more without her. She kept him together and helped him through hard times. The 20 years have caught up and are killing him slowly and painfully. I cant have this happen to my son, it pains me to much. Even if the gods want Percy dead and they can kill him while he is in this state; he had to get Annabeth back, no matter the consequence. If it is going to save my sons life then I'm going to do it.

The next afternoon I helped Percy out of bed and gave him a cloak. "We have to go back now Percy." I told him softly. He just nodded and put his cloak on. He was a little wobbly but was able to stand on his own which was an improvement from yesterday.

I put my arm under his so he could use me for support and with that I made a portal and helped him through.

Luke(Avenger)

It has been a week since Chaos took Percy. I was mad at myself for not looking out for him. He is like my little brother for peeks sake! I was in the Chaos cabin while everyone else was out training. I was looking at a picture of Storm and I when we went on a mission together. 'I wonder how Percy is doing now?' is what I was thinking when a portal appeared with Chaos and Storm walking through.

"Storm!! Are you okay??!" I asked as I rushed forward and gave him a gentle hug to make sure not to cause him any pain. He didn't seem to hear me, I looked up at Chaos who was supporting him and he gave me a weak smile. Chaos then lead Percy to the couch and walked back over to me.

"Avenger you are the only one who knows how much Storm has been through and with everything that has happened it is slowly killing him. Actually specifically not being with Annabeth for 20 years is killing him. She held him together and kept him strong. Without her he will die and no matter the price I have to tell her his identity and make sure the gods don't find out." Chaos said sadly and determined.

He truly cared for his son and it was obvious. Then Chaos continued "Storm can barely stand on his own and he is getting worse. You have to keep him safe and help him through it all. Also I need you to get Annabeth as soon as possible. She is his only hope."

And with that I headed out the door in search for Annabeth. The only person that could save my little brothers life.