Annabeth's Birthday part 1

Annabeth

'I can't believe that is my Seaweed Brain!' I think to myself. Percy is trying to put up a sign that says 'Happy Birthday Annabeth!!'. He doesn't know I'm watching and well, let's just say he can't put a sign up.

Today is my 18th birthday and Percy is up early trying to surprise me. I usually get up around 8:30 but I could not sleep. I kept having nightmares about Percy dying and that I couldn't do anything to stop it. Those nightmares come with being a demigod. You never know what will happen next, just that you have to live life to the fullest.

"Percy!!" I called out, he spun around so fast I think he almost fell. "Annabeth! why are you up so early, you ruined everything!!" Percy whined.

I went up and gave him a really long hug. He gave me a kiss on the forehead and told me to leave so he could finish the decorating. I didn't want to but I did anyway.

Later around lunch time I went over to Piper's place. we hung around the Aphrodite cabin and talked about Jason and his training then about Percy and how he is always in the sword arena destroying dummies. I swear Percy never let's himself rest, he always says 'I have to get better so I can protect everyone more'.

There was a nock on the door, Percy stuck his head in. "Can I steal Annabeth for a while Piper?"

"Of course you can!" Piper stated loudly.

He grabbed my hand and lead me outside. "Where are we going?" I asked him.

"Somewhere." Percy said with a smile.

I love it when he gives me that look, it just makes me melt on the inside. His beautiful sea green eyes, that I fell in love with, locking with mine; it's the perfect moment.

We walked through the woods until we arrived on the beach. There was a blanket with a picnic basket in the middle. "Welcome to private table Miss Chase." Percy said while taking a bow.

I couldn't help but giggle a little because it was so funny and sweet. I sat down and he sat on the other side of the basket. He took out my favorite sandwich, peanut butter and jelly with extra peanut butter.

After we ate, Percy pulled something else out of the basket. It was a small rectangular box. "What's this?" I asked as he handed it to me.

"Just a little birthday present." Percy replied.

I opened the box and inside was a necklace that had a silver heart outlined in diamonds with a pearl in the the middle that read 'As long as we're together'. It was beautiful! "I love it Percy!!" I said as I gave him a kiss. This was officially the best birthday ever!

'Snap'
That sound came from behind us.

"What was that?" I asked Percy.

"I don't know." He said with a worried expression.

"We should start heading back, it's getting late." Percy stated.

I haven't even noticed what time it was. We've been out here for hours just sitting and talking.

We were about half way back we heard more sticks snap. Percy pulled Riptide out just in case. We kept walking, but then I noticed that Percy had stop. "What is ...."

"RUN!!!" Percy screamed.

"What!" I stammered as we started to run.

"Scorpions!" He said back.

As if on time, three scorpions circled us. Where they came from I have no idea. There was no way we were going to get out of this mess. Before any fighting started, Percy bolted into the woods! All the scorpions followed and I stood there shocked. 'What just happened?' is what I asked myself. Then I realized what Percy was doing. He created a distraction so I could go get help!

I swear he is so stupid! He is going to get himself killed, and I don't know what I would do with out my seaweed brain. I ran as fast as I could back to camp!

Scorpions are one of the most deadly monsters in the world for demigods. One sting can kill you in one minute. So when you there are three scorpions out in the woods you get as many people as you can together.

I ran through the woods as fast as I could to the sound of a sword. 'Please be okay, please be okay!' is what I kept saying in my head. The sound of fighting stopped. 'Percy where are you?'

"ANNABETH!!!!!!" Percy screams!

There is pain in his voice, I can tell. My pace quickens as I sprint even harder.