Annabeth's Birthday part 2

Percy

'I have to get these things away from Annabeth!' Percy thought to himself as they were surrounded by scorpions. 'Both of us can not win against three but maybe if one of us distracts them the other could get help.' is what went through his head before he dashed off.

The scorpions followed as Percy ran through the woods leading them away from Annabeth. He stopped in the the middle of a clearing and waited for the scorpions.

One came out ready to strike; but Percy dogged it and went underneath, slashing with riptide and vaporizing it!

"One down!" he said aloud.

The other two where not as dum as the first one. They came together, sizing Percy up. They sprinted, jumped, and tried to sting him but he kept dogging and slashing with riptide. Percy finally got the second by cutting one leg off at a time till he could just stab it.

'There is only one left.' he told himself. But Percy was getting tired as he kept dogging the strikes of the scorpion.

He finally thought of a good idea that could keep him alive a little bit longer. Percy sprinted towards a tree getting the scorpion to follow; he went around the tree at the last second and turned around ready.The scorpion ran right into the tree and Percy took the chance and sliced down!

"Finally!" he said aloud killing the scorpion. Riptide was still in the body if the scorpion when it started to dissolve. Percy turned around ready to collapse, 'chinch' is the sound of the scorpion making a last attempt to kill with its stinger and succeeded.

Percy could fill the poison coursing through his veins and he slumps to the ground. He has to get help and fast!

"ANNBETH!!!!!" he screamed in pain. Letting a tear fall.

His vision is getting a little blurry and he is standing trying to walk. He sees something come running through the clearing.

"Percy! ....... oh gods!!"

"Annabeth..." Percy whispers.

He falls to the ground with Annabeth catching his head before it hits. Annabeth yells at the Apollo campers to get over there and give him ambrosia.

Percy's breathing is getting shallow as he tries to get something out of his pocket. He pulls out the necklace that he gave Annabeth earlier, he picked it up before heading back.

Annabeth is looking down at her boyfriend with tears in her eyes, trying to stay strong for his sake. She sees him getting something out of his pocket and he hands it to her.

"Percy.." she whimpers out through tears as she takes the necklace.

Percy smiles at his beautiful girlfriend even though he can barely breath.

"I love... you... forever.." Percy manages as the Apollo kids are giving him ambrosia. Annabeth gives him a kiss on the forehead and tells him "I love you too." Percy is lifted onto a stretcher and taken to the infirmary as fast as possible. And somewhere along the way Percy lost consciousness.