Chapter 33

We ran as quickly as we could. Ava was right at the entrance of the city. When we got there. Ava was standing above a large hole in the road. We ran over to Ava who was standing near the hole. She picked up something next to the hole.

    "What is it?" Ethan asked. Ava showed us an arrow. "No, i-it couldn't be." Chelsea said. "It is." Ava replied. "What do you mean?" Matt asked. "It's the same kind of arrow that killed our friend." I said. Matt took another look at the arrow. "The blood on it is still wet." Matt said.

    "Put everything on the ground!" A voice said. We looked around frantically. We heard a few dogs barking. "Not this again." Logan muttered. "Don't speak or move until spoken to!" The voice said.

    Someone walked out from one of the destroyed buildings. Their had a gas mask on. Their had a gun in his arms. Some others did the same. "I don't think they're part of the bandits." One of them said. The one who first walked out from the building, who I guessed was the leader, took off his mask. He looked about 19. He had a goatee, some black jeans, and a grey t-shirt. "Seriously? A 19 year old is their leader?" Ethan said. "I'd watch your mouth if I were you. The last person got their tounge cut out." The boy said. "Does your group associate with the 'masked men?' " The boy asked. "Masked what?! That's not what we are mad about!" I said, raising my voice. "Then why are you near the city?" The boy asked. "None of your business." Chelsea snapped at the boy. The young man put his gun up to Chelsea. "Do you want a bullet through your skull? No? Then shut up!" The boy snapped back. "Now, tell me what you were doing." He said. "We were checking for samples to find what happened to cause the disease." Matt said. "Follow us, we would like to discuss somethings about LA." The boy said. "I need you to answer 3 questions first." I said, glaring at him.

    The boy sighed, before motioning for her to ask. "What's your name?" I asked. "Keith." The boy said. "Ok Keith, why did you kill our friend?" I asked, clenching my fists. "Kill?-" "You killed our friend at the zoo!" I said in the same upset tone. "Our group didn't kill anyone at a zoo. Nor have we ever been at a zoo at all during the apocalypse." Keith spat. "Then why is that the same arrow that was shot into our friends skull?!" Paige asked, pointing towards the arrow in Ava's hands. Keith's face went from confused to shocked in about 2.4 seconds.

     "They're near...." Keith'swords trailed off before looking towards his huge group of young men behind him. "Take them with us!" Keith said. Just then, we heard a loud crash. We looked behind us to see parts of a building falling down, and onto the road. Everything, and everyone was silent for a moment. No one made a single sound.

     We suddenly hear a a few moans and groaning. "Son of a...." Keith's words trailed off again as he began heading towards a metal door. He opens it quickly. Everyone else heads back into their hidden spots. We soon realised that our group was the only people on the streets.

    A enormous herd started coming around the corner,  "Are you coming with actual people? Or staying with those beasts!" Keith called to us with the door open. We all ran towards the door without hesitation. When we entered, we shut the door as quick as we can. Keith locks the door.We saw some stairs that led upstairs and downstairs."That door should hold them, let's go." Keith said, heading upstairs. "We shouldn't trust them." Logan said. "As much as I don't trust him, I don't want to stay down here with the zombies." Walter said. "Oh wait! We need to lock the door!" Walter said before turning the lock. We all head up the stairs.

    When we made it up the stairs, we followed Keith to a door. He opens it. Inside it has a messy enormously huge room. No one's in it. We all step inside. Keith leaves the door open. "Who are the people you are so scared of?!" Jess asked. "H.C. Stands for Human Cannibals. Well, that's what we call them." Keith said. We all stay silent and let him continue. "They have been eating real, actually living people for survival, it's sick. They were the ones who killed your friend." Keith said. "So they killed our friend are some of your people also?" Ava asked. Keith nodded before adding, "They probably ate your friend also, if you didn't bury her, then...." Keith's voice once again trailed off. "What is your deal with that?! Get to the point!" Logan said raising his voice.

    We suddenly heard slow, but a bunch of footsteps and groans. "How did they get in?! Did the lock break?!" Keith asked. "No, I locked the door before I went up the stairs." Walter said. "I already locked the door." Keith said. We looked at Walter. "Walter you idiot!" Ethan said. "I was only trying to keep us safe." Walter replied. "Yeah, and how's that going-" "Stop it! We have to go." I said, interrupting Ethan. Paige ran and held the door, just as the zombies made it. Their hands were reaching out the door. One's head got through the door. Ava walked over to the door and kicked the head back outside the door, letting Paige shut it. "Thanks!" Paige said to Ava smiling. "We're in a 10 story building, how are we going to get down. They were trying to think of ideas. I had to get back to May. If I didn't make it, she would be devastated. Her last piece of innocence, gone.

    I look up to the ceiling that caved in, making a large hole to the roof. "Climb onto the roof!" I yelled, pointing at the hole. The group started to climb onto the fallen debris, onto the roof. I ran over and held the door with Paige. She looked scared, and shocked. "Ready to run?" I asked her. "Y-yeah" Paige replied. "In 3.... 2.... 1.... Go!" I said. We quickly ran up what felt like a ramp, onto the roof. The zombies just then came inside, coming towards the roof. "Do you think they can come up that?" I asked. "Most definitely." Matt said. "Guys, the other roof isn't too far away, or down, we could jump onto the roof." Chelsea said. "Who's going first?" Jess asks.

    Logan suddenly pulls Walter towards the edge. "You unlocked the door, you go." He said. Walter opened his mouth to protest, but stopped when he saw a zombie lumbering up the debris. Walter steps away from the roof, and goes to the other end. "What are you doing?!" Ethan called to him. I see Walter swallow the lump in his throat. After that he ran towards the edge. He took a large leap, his legs dangling in the air as he falls through the air. He landed on the roof. "Are you OK Walter?!" Paige called to him. "I won't feel my body tomorrow tomorrow, but yeah." Walter called back.

    I looked back at the hole. The same zombie saw us, making a loud groaning noise, attracting the others. "If we're going, we have to go now!" Matt said. Matt ran towards the edge, jumping off the edge onto the other roof. "Oooh, that hurts." Matt said groaning. Walter helped Matt up. The others did the same. I stayed behind and kicked the zombies back down the roof while the others jumped. " Y/N, come on, jump!" Ava called. I looked over the edge. Holy crap. I look behind me. They're up the roof, and lumbering towards me. I run towards them. "Y/N!" Ethan called. A few feet ahead of them, I turn around, and take my running start.

    My feet feel light as I run towards the edge. When I notice I'm in the air, I mentally freak out. I let out a scream as I fall. I start coming closer to the other roof. I start to feel farther away from it. I just then realized that I'm missing the roof. Before I fall past the roof, I feel something grab my wrist. Jess. He pulls me up onto the roof. I lay on the cement out of breath. I'm too bewildered and shocked to think or say anything.

    When I get back up, I look back at the roof. The zombies are on the roof, some falling off from how many there are up there. I look back to the group. "Thanks." I said. "No problem." Jess said. "Now, can we please get off of this roof, I'm done with cities for good now." Walter said. "I can vogue for that." Chelsea said stiffing a laugh. "What about you Keith?" I asked him. "I would love to see how that cure turns out." Keith said. "What about your people?" Ava asked. "I can bring my brother, and the rest know what to do when I'm gone." Keith said. "We might need to take some tests on you if you come back with us." Matt said. "Ok, I'll go get my brother when we get down from this building, and meet you where?" "The bus at the neighborhood, outside the city." Matt said. "Got it. See you there." Keith said. Keith started heading down the stairs that led up to the roof. "Let's go." Matt said.

I'M SO SORRY! It's been a while. I had huge writers block. Sorry if it was disappointing. I had almost no ideas. But now I should be able to post more chapters because I have something to write off of. Thank you guys for having so much patience. Have a Good Morning, Afternoon, And Evening.