Chapter 26

Walter quickly looked back at the road. His eyes went wide. Immediately, he swerved around the zombie. We all sighed in relief. "Maybe we should switch seats Walter." I said, regaining my breath. "No no, it's fine, thank you though." Walter said. "Walter, you've been driving for a while with not much sleep. Pull over please." I said. Walter sighed before putting his foot on the brakes. The car slowly skidded to a stop, in a parking lot. Walter got out of the car. "Ok, so which one is driving." Walter said when he opened the side door. "I would, but I have never drove before." Ava said. "I will!" May said excitedly. I chuckled. "You're too young, and short." I said. May huffed and crossed her arms. "I will!" Ava said. Before we could reply, she hopped out of the car.

    "I don't want to sit in the way back, I want to sit by Paige." Walter whined. "I'll move back there." Paige said. I ended up switching with Paige. Soon we all just kept switching. "Ok, so I'm  driving, Y/n's in shotgun, Jess and Ethan are in the middle row, and Paige, Walter, Chelsea, and Logan are in the back! Anyone object?" "Do you even know how to drive, Ava?" Logan asked. "Um no, but my dad taught me how to pull out of parking spaces." Ava said. "So, back to my question, anyone object." Everyone raised their hand. "Well that's too bad." Ava said before stepping on the gas pedal.

    There we went, like the speed of light, we were moving fast. We were all holding onto the handle bar as we sped down the road. "Be careful, we don't want to crash or run into a herd." I said. "Y/n, I got this, just relax for a moment and give me a chance for once." Ava said in a nice tone. "Ok, but just be careful." Y/n said before turning to the back of the car. "So, what do you think of miss Fast and Furious?" I asked them. "Well with how fast we're going, we should be there in about an hour and a half." Walter said happily. "This reminds me of a Rollercoaster." May said bouncing up and down in her leather seat. "This reminds me of death." Chelsea said sarcastically. "Pessimistic  much? May has a better attitude than you are right now." I said chuckling.

    "Walter, I never did ask you this." Ethan said before continuing. "What was Stan like to you, before we were taken there?" Thoughts of the nightmare entered in my brain. "Well,  he could be a jerk sometimes, but sometimes he was ok." Walter said. "I'm glad that he's gone, or else I would've killed him myself for what he did to Chelsea's eye, and Nick." Logan said flatly on the last word. "In my dreams, I keep seeing Stan, as if he is still alive." I said. They looked over at me.  "It's just bad thoughts from what happened back there."Jess said reassuringly. I cracked a small smile at Jess. But I couldn't help but think that it meant something.

    "Whoa! We almost had another Walter accident." Ava said as she swerved around a zombie feasting on something, it was to messed up to see what it was though. "One Walter is enough." Paige said laughing. "Ha! You're the one to talk Paige." Walter said laughing back. "You guys are dorks." Logan said chuckling. "Well, you-" "This is going to become a chain of insults if we keep going." Ava said interrupting Paige while snickering. We all laugh. "Y/n?" May asked tugging my arm. "Yes May?" I asked her. "I have to pee." She said bring her voice into a whisper. "Oh, can you hold it?" I whispered back. "No, sorry." May said. I nod my head before speaking to the group. "Anyone need to go pee?" I asked. "That's a little personal, don't you think?" Ethan asked laughing. "I do!"Walter and Jess said at the same time. They looked at eachother, and I knew excatly what they were thinking. Race for the toilet. "Ok I'll stop at the next exit." Ava said.

    Once she slowed down at the "Shell" gas station, we all hopped out. Jess and Walter stared at eachother. Without warning, Jess took off. Walter ran after him, but Jess was already inside. Walter came in after. Ava chuckled before saying. "I'll go get gas, before we have another horde incident." Ava said as she drove a couple of feet to the gas tanks. She started grabbing gas tanks. May grabbed my hand. I smiled down at her. She looked up at me and smiled back before we walked towards the bathrooms. "Will those things get us?" May asked. I could tell she was a little bit scared because her hand was shivering. "Not as long as I'm around." I said. "Promise?" May asked. I froze for a minute. I already broke one promise, what if I can't keep this one? "I promise." I finally said before smiling and ruffling her hair.

    We finally stop at the stall. "Now go pee." I said laughing. She ran in there. No zombie. I look over at the boys stall. Walter is banging on the door. "Hurry up! I have to go!" Walter said. "Don't attract zombies Walter." I said to him. "I'm always the last one who gets to go the bathroom!" Walter said. "Because you take forever! Remember the hotel?!" Jess called through the stall. "Yeah, but you guys made me clean the blood and guts on it!" Walter called back.

    We heard a flush, running water, then a door opening. May came out of the girls bathroom. "I finished!" She said happily. May looked over at Walter who was now prancing with his legs crossed. Jess came out without flushing. Walter didn't notice though. "Enjoy the bathroom." Jess said with a mischievous look like the grinch who planned to become santa. "Um, Walter?" I said. "Can't talk, gotta go!" He said quickly before running into the stall. Jess stood right next to me. "JESS!" Walter yelled. "Run!" Jess said before bolting to the car. Walter ran out of the bathroom. I thought he was chasing Jess, but he ran to the bushes right next to the gas station. May and I giggled. She had an adorable laugh. We kept laughing as we made it to the car. Soon Walter came to the car.

    The first thing that Jess got was a smack in the back of the head. We all laughed. May looks up at me and smiles. I smile back. "30 minutes till we make it there." Ava said. I won't let this kid get hurt. Not happening.

    Hey guys, I know. It's been a while, but I was busy with a bunch of stuff going on, I'm very sorry. By the way, I'm taking down the book schedule, because I just get even more stressed as it is. Sorry. Also. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 50 FOLLOWERS. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT. I'M VERY GRATEFUL. THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY THAT PEOPLE ACTUALLY LIKE MY BOOKS. Anyways Have A Good Morning, Afternoon, And Evening.