Chapter 2

Chapter 2

    I was still in shock as we were moving through the gate. How could I let my best friend die. "Halt. Let me see your card." Jess sighed as he took out his card. He mumbled something as he gave the gaurd his card. "Ok you may enter." the gaurd said handing the card back to Jess.

    As we walked in I saw a kinda old building with a fence around it. "Welcome to The Bunk." Ethan says. "Really, that's the best you could call this place?" Jess said."Why not?" Ethan said. "Because it's too boring of a name." They kept on arguing while I let out a little giggle. Jess and Ethan turned around to look at me. "What are you laughing at." Jess said smirking." You guys are acting like 6 year olds." I said with a smile. Jess smiled back. I could've sworn Ethan looked at Jess with a look of jelously on his face. Probably nothing

    (Time skip)

    "And here's your bunker." Ethan said pointing to a pretty nice room with bunk beads. "Am I going to share a room?" I ask. "Not yet, but maybe." Jess said. Suddenly a bell rings. " Oh I guess that means lunch." Ethan says. "What do you mean I guess?" "Well we've only been here a day." Ethan says back to me. "Oh. By the way, thank you guys for saving me." "I WAS WAITING FOR THAT." Jess blurts out before we all laugh. " But really, lets go get something to eat. Im starving." Jess says before we go towards the cafeteria.

    "This stuff is disgusting." Jess said as he was walking up to het some more food. "Then why are you eating it." Ethan said. "Because I'm hungry." Jess said whining.  "You don't need to whine." I said while smiling. "I know it's just more fun that way." Jess said while whining again. I rolled my eyes as I got up to meet new people.

    I was walking down the hall before someone accidently bumped into me. " Sorry." A woman about my age said. " It's ok." I said before helping her up. "My name Is Y/N." I said. "My name is Paige." Paige said happily. Memories of Amy came into my head. "Are you ok?" Paige said to me. I hadn't realized I've been crying. "Yeah I'm ok." I said while wiping my tears. "How did you get here." "I said after collecting myself. "I lived in a house in Dayton, Ohio, and my family lived in LA. I was going to visit my family, until the apocalypse happened. I was with my older sister Ashley when we found out that my other sister Lauren and our parents were dead. We were terrified. Ashley, being the oldest took the lead of us two. But Ashley and I got separated by a screaming mob running away from the zombies. I haven't seen her yet, but I am still looking for her, and I won't stop." Paige said a little sad, but then brushed it off. "I'm really sorry Paige." I said trying to comfort her. "It's ok, sometimes we need to find the bright side of things." Paige said. "So how old are you?" Paige said right after that. "Man, you really can't stop talking can you?" I said with a laugh. "Nope. And I'm proud of my gift." Paige said proudly as we walked down back to the cafeteria. Maybe there is hope in this evil world.