Chapter 24

"The river looks kind of gross." Chelsea said as we drove along on the Ohio bridge. "It's a bridge, and we're in a zombie apocalypse, what did you expect." Ethan said. "Something more clean. I'm OCD." Chelsea said. "What? Since when?" Ava asked her. "Well, I'm only OCD when it comes to clean stuff sometimes. But since we're in a zombie apocalypse, I kind of lost my OCD." Chelsea said. "I just want to take a bath in it. I haven't had a bath in a while." Jess said. "True that Jess." I said.

"How much longer Walter?" Logan asked Walter. "About a couple of hours." He said. "I'm hungry, like really hungry." Jess said. "Of course you are. How are you not fat right now?" Paige asked him. Jess shrugs his shoulders. We all chuckle and joke some more. "We'll get some food when we make it to Circleville." I said.

We finally make it across the bridge. There were some crashed cars that Walter had to dodge. "The real miracle is that Walter didn't hit any of the cars." Ava said before we all laughed. "Hahaha, that never gets old." Walter said with sarcasm, falling from every word he spoke. But in the end, he smiled.

    "Are you hungry May?" I asked May, changing the subject. She nodded excitedly while looking out the window. "You know what, I'm surprised." Paige said. "Surprised about what?" I asked her. "That we haven't killed each other. I mean we've been through tall buildings, dams, a dangerous base, zoos. I mean we've lost some people, and we've gotten into fights, but we've gotten through this together." I thought about the people we lost.

Thomas. I feel like we could've been friends if we tried harder                                                            

Nick. I never really knew him, but he seemed like a good person.

Amy. I still miss her, but I will never break my promise.

    I snapped out of thought when I heard the car stopped. I looked out the window. It was a gas station. "Why did we stop here?" I ask Walter. "While you were in your train of thought, Jess wouldn't stop complaining. We finally stopped here so he could get his stupid food." Logan answers for Walter. We hop out of the car. Paige grabs May's hand.

    When we got inside, Jess sat all of us down in chairs. "We need to talk about what happened back at the zoo. That's why I was complaining about food." Jess said. "Why? It happened. Carly died, someone killed her. We left that place. What is there to talk about." Chelsea said coldly. Thpughts of Carly went into my mind. "You don't understand what I mean. I feel like we're being followed." Jess said before continuing. "I mean, we're missing something, domething important." "Then why didn't you tell us that in the car! People could be hearing this right now and they could easily kill us!" Ava said.

    They kept on arguing. Ava, Chelsea, Jess, even the others got into the argument. "Guys, I have something important to tell you." I tried to tell them, but they didn't hear me. Typical. "Guys!" I yelled. They all looked over at me. "When we were at the zoo, Carly told me that she saw something way back where the zebras were, almost a while away. Before she could tell me what it was, she got killed." I said. "Why didn't you tell us this before." Ethan said calmly. "Because I was too shocked to tell you guys at first, then I was too scared." I said before continuing. "I mean one more argument in this group, could ruin our survival. I mean we've been through so many arguments so far, I didn't think we needed more pressure." I said blankly.

    "Well, now that we know that, we need to find out who they are." Logan said. "How though, we don't even know where they are." Ava said. "I know this may sound very crazy, but we need to get to DC." Logan said. "Why? Why not go to Circleville?" Paige asked. "Because if we go to Washington DC, then maybe we could find out how this apocalypse started." He said. "What does this have to do with the people that may be following us." Jess asked. "We have no clue where they are right now. If they really are following us, then we'll run into them sooner or later right? I mean we could find a way to stop this felsh eating environment and survive." Logan finished.

    We all stayed quiet for a minute. This could work. "As long as we kill those stalkers and those flesh eating freaks, I'm in." Chelsea said with a smirk. Walter put his hand in the middle. "What are you doing?" Ava asked him. "Well, in movies they always do the hand in the middle thing. I was thinking we could do that." Walter said. We were all staring at him for a minute. Paige smiled as she put her hand in the middle. I was next. Soon all of us put our hands in the middle except Chelsea. We looked over at her. "Nope, I'm not doing any of that hand crap." Ava then grabbed her hand and put it into the middle.

    We all seperated from the hand thing. "Wait, where's May?" Paige asked. We looked around calling her name. Suddenly May came running towards them. She was smiling as she had candy bars in her hand, some were falling on the way. "I went to get some food for us." She said. Jess brought his hand down to take a candy bar, but not before I could slap his hand. "Oww, what was that for?" He asked. We just chuckled as we headed out for the car.

    Time to avenge Amy.