Chapter 27

"I'm telling you, the zombies are getting more decomposed!" Jess said to Ethan. "That's not how zombies work Jess." Ethan said back. They were arguing for the past 15 minutes. Logan had his arm around Chelsea while chuckling along with us as we laughed at their argument. "Yes huh, things decompose after they're dead. People are one of them." Jess said before turning to Walter. "Tell him Walter, you believe me right?" He said. "I'm not going to side with you after the bathroom prank." Walter said smiling. Jess chuckled. "Still sour about that?" Jess said. "Guys? As much as I love this conversation, we're in Washington DC." Ava said. "YES! FINALLY I'VE BEEN WAITING FOREVER!' Paige yelled elated. "Paige, for the love of all humanity, please stop yelling." Chelsea said.

We all look out the window. We're in the in a big city. I can see the big Washington Monument point from a distance. "Where are going now that we're here?" I asked, still looking out the window. "Well, we should go into the white house to see if the government had anything to do with this." Logan said. "What if this didn't have anything to do with America. What if it happened in another country?" Jess asked. "Listen, we would've heard it on the news before we experienced the outbreak. Pretty obvious that it started in America." Logan replied. "You know what I find weird?" Chelsea asked. We all looked at her before she proceeded to talk. "I mean, we haven't seen a bunch of zombies lately, like they've been.... hiding." Chelsea said. "It is weird, we never see zombies much." I said. "We should be thankful that we don't see any zombies, it helps us get to other places easier." Ethan said.

We talk for a while before Ava speaks. "Guys, we're here." Ava parks at the white house. "We have to be careful, we don't know how many zombies could be in here." Logan said. "We should probably make a plan to- and you guys aren't listening." Walter said while the rest of us got out of the car. Walter mumbled something before he got out of the car.

We walk up to the enormous building. "It's too quiet out here." Chelsea said. "Yeah, we aren't making a conversation." Paige said. "No, not that. I mean something is wrong here, it shouldn't be this quiet." Chelsea snapped back. "Come on, lets go in." I said opening the big door. "Wait! I'll go in first." Walter said. "Walter thats very brave of you." I said. Walter walked up to the door. He gulped. "Paige you're coming with me." Walter said before dragging Paige inside. "Wait what?!" Paige asked before she was dragged into the white house. "So much for brave huh?" Logan asked before we all chuckled. "Hey, he risked his life to get us out of that base." I said.

We have been sitting outside for a half an hour now. We're sitting on the large steps. "I'm tired." May said, rubbing her eyes. She then lays on my shoulder. I smile. "I need to talk to Y/n." Ethan said. The group just nodded in response. I gently layed May's little head on Ava's shoulder, before following Ethan.

I follow him until we go to a place where no one can see us. "Y/n, I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry, for the fight. I was just so mad at the moment. I hope you can forgive me." Ethan said, looking into my E/C eyes. I smile slightly. "Of course, we need to forgive in a world like this." I say. Ethan pulls me into a hug, a strong but soft bear hug. I like that. I hug back. "I love you." He said. "I love you too." I said. I was shocked that I said that without thinking. I mean I do love him, but I also love Jess. We seperate from the hug. We're both smiling.

We both walk back to the group while grinning like fools. Jess sees us grinning and his eyes narrow. "Walter and Paige are still in there. We should just go in." Ava said, standing up. "I agree." Chelsea said, standing up also. We suddenly hear the door open. Walter and Paige steps out. "What took you two so long?!" Logan asked. "Well, it's a big house! What did you expect." Walter said. "Did you guys get lost in there?" Ava asked. "Well, Paige had to look at something." Walter said. "We kinda got seperated." Paige rubbed the back of her neck. "Yeah, seperated." Paige said blankly. "Well, it doesn't matter now, let's go inside." Chelsea said grabbing her gun.

We walk inside cautiously. "This is a big house, so I'm saying something I might regret but, let's split up." Logan said. "Split up?! In a house like this?!" Ava asked. "It will go quicker." Logan said. "Ugh, fine." Ava said. "Lets pair up." Jess said. Chelsea paired up with Logan, Ava with May, Paige with Walter. The others already split up.

That left me, Jess, and Ethan. "If Jess and I are together, we'll just fight." Ethan said. "Which one do you want to walk with?" Jess asked. I looked at both of them carefully. "Ethan, walk with me." I said. Ethan smiled, before walking with me down one of the halls. I looked around once to see Jess with a sad look on his face.

Sorry for the short chapter, I'll try and make the next one longer. Have A Good Morning, Afternoon, And Evening.