Chapter 29

This is the special long chapter for you guys, enjoy. : )

"Wait, you actually found a CURE?!" I asked him as he got out of the car, walking over to a huge building. We collowed him. "Well, kind of." Matt said. "You could've told us that." Logan said. We walked past people who were carrying bags and other things, which I guess that meant they were working. Most of the peoplethat were working didn't even notice us. The people that did notice us only glanced at us for about a second before continuing their work.

    When we walked inside, we saw a lab looking building, and to our surprise, it was pretty good looking. We saw people in white lab coats with goggles. Matt walked up to a middle aged woman in a white lab coat. She had long black hair, up in a ponytail. She was writing in a journal. "Are you guys set to leave?" Matt asked the scientist. "Not yet, but tomorrow, we should be leaving." The scientist said. She than looked over at us. "Who are these people?" She askes, not looking away from us. "Oh, I met them when I went to the white house." He said. "Nice to meet you, I'm Alexis." Alexis said, holding out her hand. We all shook her hands, while telling our names.

    "If you don't mind me asking, where were you guys going to?" Ava asked Alexis. "Oh, we're going to LA to try and track down a cure, that's where the outbreak started anyways." Alexis said. "Oh, thats hilarious, because some of us are from LA too." Jess said. Alexis stopped dead in her tracks. Even Matt looked suprised. "Wait, you're serious?"  Alexis asked. We all nod our heads yes. Alexis walks up to some guards, pointingat us occasionally.

    Suddenly a bunch of scientists ran up to us, asking us millions of questions. A lot of them were, 'How did you survive?' 'Where were you when it happened?' And 'Did you get bit?' The guards came into the big group of scientists. They told is to follow them. We slipped through the mob, following the guards.

(Time Skip)

    They all took us into the same room, a with bunk beds. Now, we'll take you guys to ask questions one at a time. Wait a little bit, then we will start. Until then, make yourselves comfortable." One of the guards told us before walking out the door, locking it from the outside. "Well, I love this place all ready." Logan said with a smug smile. "Careful Logan, your sarcasm is showing." Chelsea hummed. "Do you think if we will live here, this will be the best place, safe and nice residents?" I asked, looking down at May who was looking out the small window we had. "Well, I don't think that they will be having a block party for us anytime soon." Ava said, looking down at her shoes. "I wish, I would love some of their welcoming food right now." Jess said. We all slightly chuckled.

    "I miss my family." Walter said out of nowhere. I looked over at him in confusion. He never looked so gloom before. He looked at us. "I mean, don't you wish you could see your family one last time?" Walter asked. "Well of course, I would do almost anything to find my sister." Paige said. "Almost?" Ava asked. "Well, I wouldn't want to give you guys away." Paige said. We all smiled. I thought about Amy, and my parents. I miss them so much. I don't even know if my parents are alive. I hope they are.

    Suddenly the door comes open. The same two guards came in. "They want you to come first." One of them said, pointing at me. May ran over to me and hugged me. "Its ok, I'll be right back." I said, hugging her back. I soon stopped hugging her and followed the guards out the door, and into the hallway.

    I looked into each door window as we passed by. One of them had someone talking to another person. In another, one was taking a nap, and in the last one was a man hugging a woman. I smiled at that last one. They comtinued walking me down the halls. "Has there ever been any problems here before?" I asked the guards. "No, only minor problems." One of the guards said.

    They put me in a room with no windows. There was a metal table with copper colored chairs. The walls were a pale boring color, with almost no furniture. There was one lightbulb, hanging from the ceiling. I sat in one of the chairs, lightly scooting the chair. It felt cold. Suddenly the door popped open. Matt came in. He smiled at me.

    "I Just want to ask you some questions." He said, walking to the other chairs. I stayed silent. He continued. "Why were you in LA?" "I lived there." I answered. "Was anyone with you at the time of the outbreak?" Matt asked. "Only my best friend." I said. "So how did you meet your group." Matt asked. "Well, My friend and I ran away to the woods. When we got there, we met Jess and Ethan. We were going to leave to go to their community, but zombies swarmed us. My friend didn't make it. Then we met Paige in the community, Chelsea and Ava in a treehouse, Logan and his friend in a building, Walter in a community that captured us, and May in a car." I said. "Captured?" Matt asked. "They took us. We met Walter, he helped us escape. We also took out the Hoover Dam." I said. "The Hoover Dam? That's a new one." Matt said chuckling. I couldn't help but chuckle with him. "So, when they took you guys, did they inject you with anything?" Matt asked. "Like a pill or shot? No, they didn't." I said. "Ok, well, when you were in LA, what did you see on the news?" He asked leaning forward, putting his arms on the table. "We saw a 'man' in the woods. We thought he was drunk, or it was a deer. Boy were we wrong. Then we saw a man screaming run, before the TV shut off. When it came back on, the news lady told us to go somewhere safe, before she was interrupted. I think she's dead now." I said, looking down at the table. "Oh, well do you remember getting injected with anything at all?" He asked. I shook my head. "Ok, thank you for your time." Matt said, standing up. He walked towards the door, before opening it. I got out of my chair, walking towards the door. He then said, "Can you go get Ethan for me please?" Matt asked me. I nodded before walking out the door.

    "What should I think of this place?" That question kept spinning in my head. I guess we should try this place out. When I open the door to the room, I see everyone look towards me. "How did it go?" Paige asked. "It went Ok. Matt asked basic questions." I said before looking at Ethan. "He wants you next." I said. Ethan nodded before walking out the door, shutting it behind him. I sat down on one of the beds. May came over to me and rested her head on me. "Y/n?" She asked me. "Yes?" I asked, smiling down at her. "Is my brother going to come back for me?" She asked. I froze. She still didn't know what really happened to her brother. "Yes, maybe someday." I replied, smile fading. "Ok, because I miss him." She said. A hole ripped through my heart, like a dagger. What will she think when she finds out the truth? I smiled again, hugging her.

     I looked around the room. I saw Chelsea sitting on the bed with her eyes closed, looking depressed. "May, would you like to sit next to Chelsea to cheer her up?" I asked, looking down at her. May nodded before running over to Chelsea. May sat next to Chelsea, laying her head on Chelsea. Chelsea opened her eyes, looking down at her. She was shocked for a moment before patting May's head, smiling.

    Jess came over. We sat in silence for about a moment or so. I was looking at my feet. I didn't know what to say to him. He looked at me, smiling. I smiled. He lightly rubbed his neck. I could he could tell he was about to say something. Before he could the door opened. Ethan stepped in. "He wants to talk to you Jess." Ethan said. Jess got up, before walking out the door, looking back at me. I decided to speak to everyone. "We should choose our beds." I said. Chelsea and Ava went to a bunk. Chelsea went on top, with Ava on bottom. I went to a bunk with May. I let May have top. May excitedly got onto the top of the bunk. With my help of course. Ethan went to a bunk which I guess Jess would share with him. Walter and Paige toppled eachother to get to the top of the bunk bed. May giggled at the wrestling for the top bunk. Paige ended getting top bunk, leaving Walter to the bottom. "HAH!" Paige said. "No fair, you used my face as a trampoline." Walter said laughing. They both laughed. Logan was the only one sleeping alone on a bunk. "Question, why am I the one without a  bunk buddy?" He asked. "Because you don't deserve one." Chelsea said laughing. "Ha ha ha." Logan said sarcastically.

(Small time skip)

    After everyone was asked questions, a guard walked in. "You guys can go to the lunch room." The guard said, pointing out the window, before walking out the door. We looked out the window. There was a building. "So, whos up for food?" Walter asked.