Weightless

Pairing(s): Platonic or romantic Moxiety

Warnings: Feelings of uselessness and crying/a breakdown (?)

Prompt: "Free at last."
________________________
"Well, you kids have fun! But not too much fun!" Morality exclaimed, pointing his fingers at the other traits, who gazed at him in shock.

Prince blinked. "You-You make those types of jokes?!"

Humming in confusion, the paternal trait tilted his head. Logic sighed in relief and shook his head. "It doesn't matter, Patton. Of course you wouldn't understand."

At the slightly condescending remark, Morality felt his heart sink. He chuckled and acted as if he had no idea what Logic was talking about, figuring that if he just played the part, then he could simply deal with his emotions in his room. "Alrighty then! Goodnight folks!"

He waved and rushed down the hallway into his room.

From down the hall, Anxiety furrowed his eyebrows. "... Folks?"
________________________
As he entered his room, Morality leaned against the door and let out a deep breath that he didn't even realise he had been holding. Tears pricked at his eyes and he blinked to clear his vision. He could cry in here, nobody could see.

"Free at last." He whispered softly.

Is that all they saw him as? A naive fool? A simple minded moron?

That's what it felt like.

Without even knowing, they all undermined him, and acted as if he didn't understand their insults. He was just an idiot, right? So of course he wouldn't have the brain capacity to comprehend their hurtful comments!

He slid down the door and sat on the floor, curling up into a ball and hugging his legs.

All he could do was pretend that his own legs were a person who cared about how he felt. A person who could understand how he felt. And a person who would take action to help him, because he didn't have the confidence to do it himself.

Usually, he could take it. They were all jokes, right? Just simple jokes that shouldn't be taken seriously because if he did take them to heart, then he would just be acting too sensitively. He would be known as the trait with no sense of humour. Nothing to individualise him. He wasn't too intelligent, that's something he knew already. And he wasn't as witty or snarky as Anxiety was. His self-esteem was crumbling, so the over-confident humour was also out of his reach.

What did he have?

He had a reputation for spouting ridiculous puns and jokes. He didn't help much in any situation. He wasn't good at giving useful and valid advice. He was just useless.

Sure, he was nice, but being 'nice' only got him hurt. He would let people step on him because if he didn't then he would be known as the 'touchy' trait. The one who couldn't take a joke, but could make them himself.

He was a joke.

A knock jolted him out of his depressive revere. "Dad? 'You in there?"

Swallowing down the lump of worries, the parental trait stood and wiped his eyes. Then he opened the door and grinned at the darkly dressed man that stood in front of him. "Hey there, kiddo!"

"... Have you been crying?"

Darn. Morality raised an eyebrow and a puzzled expression was etched into his face. He hated lying, so he didn't. "What do you mean, Anxiety? I think you're tired, you need to go to bed."