The Drinks

Third Person POV:::"Ok you guys I know that I brought you all here, but you know the drill

Third Person POV:::
"Ok you guys I know that I brought you all here, but you know the drill. I go home on my schedule. I send you a text that I'm good to go and if you're ready I'll give you a ride home. If not then tough luck. There are only two people I break that rule for." Josh reinforced his friends like he did before every party even though he already wanted to leave before he even walked through the door. "And I'm one of them," Caleb replied from the passenger seat, "I'm planning on finally taking you up on that deal tonight." Usually Caleb would carpool with someone attractive and just stay in their room for the night. Josh didn't mind that Caleb chose tonight to take a ride home; he was glad to have a reason to stay.

"Hey weirdo!" Ashely greeted her friend carl who was sitting in a chair up against the wall, "You wanna get a drink with me?" Carl nodded, unable to speak from all of the butterflies in his stomach. "Yeah Sure sounds umm cool." He finally stuttered out as she pulled him out of his chair. Not that it mattered, he could barely hear his reply over the noise of the party; he doubted that Ashely, who was about three feet ahead heard them either. "Here you are." She spoke, pulling him out of his muddled thoughts and handing him a cup. "Umm thank you." He replied. "God carl you're so stiff." She commented, "You need to loosen up a little." Carl held his breath as she undid the first button on his collared shirt, unable to do anything more than sit there, paralyzed in a sort of fear of the beautiful girl that was standing in front of him. "It's really loud out here, you wanna go get some air?" She asked, separating herself from the nervous wreck of a boy. "Yeah," he replied, "I know the perfect place.

"Hey Anna." Jeremy greeted the beautiful brunette girl. "Hey Jeremy what's up?" "Not much," he replied, trying to act casual, "wanna get a drink?" "I already have one." She replied with a laugh, shaking her red solo cup. "Oh umm well do you want to walk with me to get mine?" He tried. "Why not?" She nodded with a laugh, following him to the kitchen area.

"Oh... sorry Jacob." Kira greeted, looking up and realizing who she had just bumped into. "No worries, it's just a little alcohol." He assured her. Kira was confused for a moment then, realizing what he meant. Looked at his chest. "Oh no i spilled my drink on you!" She announced, noticing the stain. "Yeah, but it's fine. Really. My fault for not looking where I was going, I'll go get you another one." "Oh no you don't have to." "I know" he interrupted with a kind smile, "I want to." He placed her hand on the small of her back and guided her through the crowd and to the island that was being used as a bar for the night.

"Wow. You can see the whole sky from up here." Ashely admired from the roof carl had led her to. "It's beautiful right?" He asked. "So beautiful." She answered, "when did you find this place? How often do you come here." "I found it a few months ago. I come here whenever I need to think." "About what?" She asked curiously. You. He thought, but he kept that to himself. "Oh, you know, life." "I like to think about life." She suggested, "maybe instead of your special thinking spot this can be our special thinking spot?" "Umm yeah, sure umm, that can be arranged." He answered nervously. Ashely bit her lip, inside feeling just as nervous as the boy next to her. Not That either of them knew what was in the other's brain. "So how are you going to get back to campus?" Ashely asked, breaking the long silence, not that it was awkward, things were rarely awkward between the two of them, despite what carl often thought. "It's walkable from here." He told her. She nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. "The moon is so pretty." She observed. "Yeah it is." He agreed, pulling her into him by the waist. Though he thought she was much prettier than the stupid sky. "I'm so glad we ditched that party." Ashely confessed. "Me too." Carl agreed. "What do you think all of our fiends are doing right now?" She laughed, taking a sip of the beer she brought with her. "Ok umm Caleb is either in the car with Josh or giving a Lecture to Jeremy about talking to Anna." "And Ann's is either sitting and talking with Jeremy or waiting for him to get back." "James is grinding on some girl and waiting for her to get drunk enough for him to manipulate her to his wishes." "Oh true. And then Josh is either driving back or leaning on the wall waiting for Caleb and Erica." "What do you think Erica is doing right now?" He asked. "My guess is she's super drunk and she's going to end up booking up with Matt and totally hating herself for it." "And Kira and Jacob are probably laughing at all of the people who step about to hook up tonight while they flirt with each other non-stop." Carl added. Ashely and carl laughed together, both of them happy to be in each other's company under the moonlight. "What time is it?" Ashely asked with a small yawn. "Umm 2:15." Carl answered. "We've really been out here for three hours?" Ashely asked in shock. "I guess so." Carl replied. "Time really does fly when you're with the right people doesn't it." "Yeah. Definitely." He agreed honestly, "but we should probably head Back to campus now." "Yeah we probably should." Ashely agreed and the two walked back to campus, Carl's hand didn't leave Ashely's waist the entire walk back.

A/N::: sorry for the lack of gmw characters in the storyline. The next chapter will do the same thing. I just really like this character development for the college kids. Hope you liked it! Love you all! Sincerely, Me, Xoxo -Emma

Song-"More Than Gravity" by Colin and Caroline.