8.

~Hospital bed~

~Shawn~

Everly's parents began to beg me to go home but I couldn't. I've sat here since the accident at 10:15 seeing her hurt makes me hurt, but there was no way I was leaving her side. She hasn't woken yet since she fell. The doctor keep telling us that it's just a major concussion but I know it's not I just know. I feel something when I hold her hands in mine. Her parents stayed in the hospital room with me as I finally dosed off in the chair beside her. I woke 15 minutes later to Everly moving around in the bed. I watched her as she rolled over where her face was facing me. There was a bruise on her head and her nose was still red from where it was bleeding and she had a cut on her bottom lip. I felt so bad for her I started to cry soft tears as I was still holding her hand. "We love you so much Shawn" I hear Everly's mom say as she walked over to me grabbing me a tissue. "I love you too ms. Anna" I said as I looked up at her crying as well. After a bit I calmed down and was able to get some sleep as well.

I woke up at 8:15 pm. Everly's parents were still in the room with me they were asleep as well. Everly was peacefully asleep as well in the same position as she was 7 hours ago. The curtains in the hospital room let a small faint sun ray into the room that made Everly's face glow. Now if I could only see her perfect ocean blue eyes. I then felt a hand on my shoulder. "Shawn go down and get you some breakfast I'll make sure she's ok I promise" Everly's dad said as a gently sat Everly's hand to the side. I then got up and hugged Everly's father, I had never been so connected with a family before like this one. It was so reassuring to know they knew how much I loved her. I then opened the door trying not to wake Everly. Then I gently shut it back as I walked into an elevator that led me to the cafeteria of the hospital. The breakfast menu read chocolate chip muffins with blueberry pancakes with eggs or bacon. And for the drinks there was so many options but I decided to go with a green tea. I was a nervous wreck as I sat there eating my breakfast, I sat there crying while I picked around with my food. "Shawn" I hear someone call my name as I picked up my head to notice It was Nash. "What are you doing here" I say questioning him. "I came to check up on you and Everly" he said as He saw my face where I had been crying. "It's ok Shawn I promise" he says sitting down beside me and putting his arm around my shoulder. After a few minutes I just decided I was going to take my breakfast with me up to the room. Nash helped me get Everly's parents some breakfast as well. And I fixed Everly a muffin and a green tea if she wanted it. I stopped by a gift shop before heading back up to the room. I got her some roses in a vase. Me and Nash made it up to the room her parents were awake as they greeted Nash and thanked us for bring them back some breakfast. I sat the vase of roses down one the night stand facing the window. After a bit Everly's parents decided that they needed to run home for a few minutes. I told them that me and Nash would watch over for them. Me and Nash whispered across the room for a bit then we became drowsy as we both fell asleep.

I woke immediately to a person gently taping me on my shoulder. "Hi you must be Shawn" she said as I noticed she was a nurse. "Yes that's me" I say back. "I'm just checking up on Everly for a moment" she says looking at the monitor. "Will she ever wake up" I say confused and scared. "Yes she should, just let her rest" the nurse said as she slowly open the door and shut it back. I had so many questions, why was she still asleep she's been sleeping for a whole twenty four hours? And why did this have to happen to me? I just sat there confused so confused. I looked over to see Nash still asleep in the chair across the room. All of a sudden she moves her hand up to her face rubbing her eyes. "Good morning sweet heart" I say to her as she looks so confused as to why I'm sitting there. "Who's sweet heart?" She asks me then it hits me she doesn't even know who I am. "Everly I'm your boyfriend I'm Shawn" I say praying she remembers me. "Who's Everly" she asks, as I began to cry as I hear the room door open thank god it's her parents. "Everly that's you, that's your name" I said softly crying. "Why are you crying" she asks me as I cry some more. "Because you don't remember me or you're self" I say crying. "I know who you are a little bit, you're my boyfriend and your name is Shawn" she says and I just couldn't take it anymore. I walked out of the room as Nash followed me down one of the long hallways.

First i meet the love of my life
And now she has no clue who
I am or what I am to her.

-figure out what happens to Everly and Shawn in chapter 9-

I did cry when I wrote this chapter just saying you can cry too!!! Thanks so much again!!
💚💙💚💙
Love, @Esdalton