"Blade stole my cellphone," I mutter feeling my cheeks growing warm, "and the asshole hadn't even bother showing up for class," I add with a loud scoff.

My eyes flickered to Blade's empty throne and Ossey followed my gaze. The teacher was still droning on and on about wars and whatnot and as usual Ross was the only one engaging in a less than lively conversation. I could have groaned and told him to shut up but if he did that would mean others would be forced to participate in the stupid discussion including myself.

I felt Ossey's eyes on me and when I looked over at him he didn't look away.

"How did that happen?" He questions.

"I got tricked," I say with a scoff at my stupidity.

"You?" Ossey intone with a skeptical look.

"I know right," I frown not meeting his eye.

I tried to change the subject by asking about his basketball team but Ossey wasn't having it.

"That must be some trick," he comments and another frown wafted over my facial features and I responded but didn't go into too much details about it. 

The familiar ringing of the bell sounded and I left without Ossey in case he wanted to walk Hailey to her next class. Ossey didn't turn up until after the final bell and I have to admit he looked happier now. Literature class was the only entertaining class I had and the only one I didn't mind showing up at out side of Art. Class went on smoothly for an hour before the midday bell and everyone broke into excited chattering as they spilled out into the school's hallway.

"Coming?" Ossey asks which startled me a bit because I thought he had left with the crowd.

I was packing away my books rather slowly and was one of the only remaining persons in the class.

"Ah sure," I respond cramming the remaining stationery into my bag.

We headed out in the direction of the school cafeteria with the crowd that was talking noisily in the halls. I spotted Hailey talking to her friends up ahead. When we got close, she gave me a smile and threw Ossey an even bigger grin. I tried not to snicker aloud and turned to him board like.

"So catch you two love birds inside?"

"Ah, yeah," he replies running his fingers over his hair.

Holding onto my bag, I strolled the rest of the way to the cafeteria. My legs halted a few feet from the entrance as leaned up against the wall waiting was the devil himself Blade Collins looking like he was on the set of a photoshoot. The smile I was wearing turned to scowl immediately. I had forgotten about him. Forgotten he existed and then he decided to show up out of nowhere like some super villain. My teeth clenched in annoyance and I tried my best not to look so grim as I moved towards him in short strides. He inclined his head in my direction at that moment and an amused look wafted over his usually rather stony expressions.

"If it isn't my favourite person in the whole wide world," Blade mocks.

"Want to tell me how you got away yesterday," I ask icely and he chuckled.

"Do I?" He asks amusingly. 

I narrowed my eyes at him and accidentally bit down too hard on my tongue.

"You missed class this morning," I say staring at him, "hiding?"

He chuckled and jeered, "still checking up on me I see sweetling."

"Oh just curious that's all. Was hoping I didn't scare you off too badly," I reply with a slight less bitter in my voice.

"Didn't feel like showing up," he responds simply staring down at me with a smile tugging at the corner of his lips.