Chapter Thirty One

Copyright © Lilliboo_24 2017 South-Africa

❤⏺❤⏺❤

_____________________________

C h a p t e r  T h i r t y  O n e
M y  B e a s t  M y  L y c a n

"We're staying at your cabin." Alex said grabbing a seat next to me.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because my room needs to be contaminated and cleaned. And you're not supposed to be alone according to Micheal. The healing process speeds up when your mate is with you." I just nodded my head.

"Hello you." Evelin came in and kissed Alex's cheek.

"Hello." He muttered.

"Why are you so grumpy. You'd think you'd be happier since your mate is talking to you again." Evelin smiled at me.

"Go torture Mia or something." Alex muttered and walked in the gardens direction.

"What is going on with him?" Evelin asked me.

I told her what happened over a cup of hot chocolate. She didn't say much but just nodded her head in understanding.

"Where's Alexander?" Ashton ran in.

"I think he's in the garden, why?" I asked.

"I smelled something. Tried to track it but the scent just disappeared.

"Well go tell Alexander." Evelin patted on with him.

I just looked into my empty cup and sighed. How did things get to complicated.

I decided to go to my cabin and soak in the tub. My body felt extra sore after I tried to pull Rambo on the siren bitch.

I ran on the path and slowed down when my cabin came into sight. Dogo hot on my tail.

Once inside I headed to the bathroom directly. Undressing myself I took a long hard look into the mirror.

My hair was much longer by now. Touching the end of my lower back. I liked it that way.

My blue eyes seemed tired. Lifeless. That's the thing, people can lie to you about your appearance, tell you how pretty you are, or how good you look, but a mirror showes you the cold hard truth.

I sighed and ran myself a full tub of water. I threw loads of bubble bath into the water along with muscle relaxants. I got in and let the hot water calm my body. I relaxed in the hot bath and slowly I started falling asleep.

"Arrabella!" Alex's voice snapped me back to reality.

"In the bathroom!" I called back.

Alex came rushing into the bathroom not caring about the privacy factor.

"I got so worried when I couldn't find you." He kissed my forehead.

"Why didn't you just link me?" I pointed out.

"I tried, it was off." He rubbed my face with his thumb.

"Oh, that odd. I wasn't thinking about it I guess. But I'm here, I'm safe."

"Good. As soon as you finish up I need to clean your wound.

He left me in silence and I took my time bathing myself. Luckily there was a big waterproof bandaid covering my wound, because that would hurt like hell.

I got out and dried myself. I walked into the room and Alex was already waiting for me. We repeated the routine and the sensation got worse. So did the desire.

I got dressed in simple tights and a big lose hoddy. I tied my hair in a messy bun and made us some hot chocolate.

Dogo began barking at the door then soon sat down waiting.

Someone knocked on the door and without waiting for my answer unlocked it. Dameon.

"Hi, babe." He walked in and kissed me.

"Hi." I replied shortly.

"Whose there?" Alex stepped out of my room still wet from a shower. Only a towel covering his lower body.

"What's he doing here?" Dameon asked.

"It's my pack. But I should ask you the same. Didn't I tell you not to come back?" He replied.

"He's supposed to stay with me, it helps my wound heal. Alex, not now." I dropped in.

"Because I'm her mate." Alex so kindly assed. Note the sarcasm.

Dameon just growled in return.

"Back down pup." Alex talked in his alpha tone that even made my wolf shit her panties.

"Or what?" Dameon stepped closer to Alex.

"Stop it the both of you!" I yelled at them. Standing between the two males.

"Arrabella I swear to the moon goddess if this male doesn't stop disrespecting me I will rip his head of." Alex's eyes turned black. Now it was his wolf talking.

I knew that Dameon wouldn't back down, not when it comes to me. And I also knew that if Alex doesn't calm down he will hurt Dameon.

I turned around and faced Alex. Putting my hands on each side of his face.

"Calm down." I pressed my forehead against his.

His breathing slowed down and he closed his eyes leaving his forehead leaning against mine. He opened his eyes and they were back to grey. Like it should be.

"Thank you." He said to me.

Dameon looked at us. Shock written on his face. "I should have known things would just end up like this." He shook his head.

"It's not what you think Dameon." I replied.

"Then what is it Arra?" Dameon asked. I stood there without an answer, because I don't know what it is. "That's what I thought." He turned around and walked out of the cabin.

I ran after him grabbing his arm. "Wait."

"For what Arra, for another chance to be your rebound because your mate keeps hurting you? Arra, I stand no chance against him. He's your mate and you love him. How am I supposed to complete with that?" He whispered the last part.

"I love you too." I replied.

He stepped closer to me cupping my cheeks.

"I know you do, but it's time to be realistic. This" he gestured between us "us, will never work, because the love you have for him is a love you'll never have for me and you want to know what the fucked up part is?"  He sighed. "The fact that I can't blame you for it. Because funny enough I understand that because I know when the roles were reversed I would have chosen my mate. Fucked up right? Well that's the way it is. No matter how much you love me, no matter how hard you try, this is always going to happen and I know you get to choose, but it's obvious who you'll choose because the love is already there. It's not just the bond. You can't live without him and I can see that. I tried lying to myself, but you were never as happy with me like you were with him. Something died inside of you and I know he's the only one who can bring it back to life. I love you Arra with every little bit and piece of me, but I know that isn't all it takes, not as a wolf." He kissed my forehead. "I'll always be there for you, but for now I just really need to keep my distance. I'll always be your friend and you can always call me. And I'll always love you, as a friend, as a lover, as every possible thing on earth I will love you, but for now I have to say goodbye."

His hands left my face and as he walked away my tears began flowing more and more. No matter how true his words were I feel hurt and I feel like the bitch of the year for hurting him too. I made someone feel the way Alex made me feel and I would never wish that on anybody.

I sat down on the step and put my face in my hands letting the tears flow.

I felt Alex's body next to mine. His arm around my waist pulling me to him.

"I'm so, so, so sorry Arrabella." He kissed my hair and I laid my head in his lap. I began crying even more. "It's okay, let it out. Let it all out."