13

I woke up on the couch with Nees arm in my face .

I heard laughing and a camera shutter. I peeled my eyes open and Podre and the boys were laughing at the picture he just took.

"Man why y'all gotta play all day ?" I rubbed my eyes and yawned looking at my phone

"Her mouth was wide open " Dre said making everyone laugh

I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth then I got in the shower. I grabbed my keys ,my purse and my strap then walked into the quiet living room.

I was waiting for Nee because we had plans to go and pack up stuff at her house then tommorow we would pack mine, then the next day Shay's .

My phone went off indicating that I had a text .

August: wassup ?

The sky, what else ?

August: You got jokes huh ?

Naa you just lack a lil common sense

August: damn, hurt my feelings but wyd today ?

Helping Nee pack

August: when y'all leaving again ?

Next week

August: lemme take you out tommorow

I'll think about it

August: bet, lemme know

I looked up and Nee was standing there with a hand on her hip

"Who you texting " she scrunched her eyebrows causing me to laugh

" Diesel Chin "

She made her face in a o and laughed "you dirty for that "

We hopped in my car and drove to her house .

"You already have your stuff you need out for the rest of the week right ?"

"Yeah its in my closet just pack everything else "

---
7:52 pm

We finally finished packing her stuff and we were beyond tired and hungry .

"I can feel my insides eating itself " she dramatically fell on the floor

"let's go out to eat then I can cook for everybody else when we get back "

She hopped up "you dont have to tell me twice "

We went to Applebee's and sat down. Nothing too fancy .

I looked over my menu seeing what I liked and I decided on a shrimp seafood rice platter with a side of fries .

A waiter came over to us

"Hi , my name is Keith can I start you ladies off with drinks ?"

I looked at the drinks they were serving
"Uhh.. Lemonade "

Nee decided on Sweet Tea

" Are you two ready to order ?"

We nodded and gave him our orders then he walked away.I felt someone staring at me out of the corner of my eye and out of instinct I turned to look and saw a face that i hadn't seen in a while.

He got up and walked towards our table "hey bre "

I smiled "hey Jacquees "

Nee looked back and forth between Jacquees and I then raised her eyebrow. I ignored her then returned my attention back to him.

"How you been ? You just left a nigga on read "

"I'm good but my bad I've been really busy  "

" Imma go cause ion wanna interrupt yalls dinner ," he turned his attention on Nee

"and nice to meet you ..."

Nee smiled "Its Neasia but everyone calls me Nee "

"Well nice to meet you Nee, text me Bre "

Our waiter came with out food just as he left

"Who is he , where did you meet him and why was he looking at you like you were some din din ??"

I laughed at her questions

" his name is Jacquees, I met him before me and August dated at that party where you forced me to go, and I dont know maybe you should take that up with him "

Her heart look a little broken "no its supposed to be Bre and August not Bre and Jac-o-lantern " she whined

"I dont like Jacquees I barley know him "

She held her chest and let out a sigh of relief "whew "

My phone went off and I looked down to see August texted me

August : Did you think about it yet ?

Yeah , I'll go

August : can't wait , but wya ?

AppleBees with Nee, we're coming back in a lil while

August: come see me after

Okay father 🙄

After we finished eating we went to my car and I noticed a note on my windshield

Your being watched ;)

Nee looked over my shoulder reading the note along with me.

"Who the fuck .. Lemme text Podre " she said reaching for her phone in her back pocket.

" no .. dont tell him , he's not gonna let me out the house anymore and then how am I gonna pay for college "

" somebody is messing with you of course we need to tell him.. You can make money another way "

"I said no damn "

I rolled my eyes and got into the car looking around. I crumbled the note and threw it out of the window.