"I know." I copied his, soft quiet voice.

After what felt like hours, he decided not to let me think about it much longer.

"Your turn." His voice was week. I didn't think before I spoke.

"I've never been to prison for at least a day."

His turn to be ashamed. I swear I didn't me to do that.

He looks at my shoes and avoids my eyes but keeps his open, unlike my cowardly self. Slowly sand falls from his hands. He looks at me and we lock eyes for the first time since the tension of his question was brought between us. I could see in his face that he felt like he needed to explain but didn't want to. I nodded. My eyes telling him he needn't say a thing. I couldn't stand the tension and silence.

"I don't want to play anymore."

"Me neither." He agreed, staring at the crashing waves looking defeated.

I watch the water for a little while as we settle in to a normal silence. The wind was blowing a nice breeze thru my hair and I realized it was surprisingly warm for this time of night.

"We should go." I say out of nowhere. No matter how much I was enjoying this moment, it was getting dark and late. And I had a slight fear of driving in full dark. "It's getting dark." I add.

He gets up from the sand and dusts off his pants. I was still on the ground looking at the water. Not wanting to leave but knowing I had to. He offered a hand and I took it. When I was on both feet and prepared to walk back to the car, he held my hand still.

I just stand there and watch him. He intertwines our fingers and takes a step closer. We were inches apart. At this moment I wish I could walk on water to run away from him and out inter the lake. As far as I could go. I look out at the water as I think but I feel him still looking at me so I face him.

Trapped in his gorgeous blue eyes, I could no longer look away from him. Until he leaned it closer. I could see him looking at my lips than back my eyes. I look to my left to avoid contact. But I only manage for a second because next thing you now I'm looking at him again but only just. My hair had fallen on the my face and I was sadly hiding behind. Until, of course, he takes his hand and moves it away. Keeping his hand gently on my face and lightly pulling me closer. I closed my eyes more out of shyness, I could sense his close proximity slowly driving me mad. I just slightly felt his lips brush mine before I lower my head and hide in his shoulders. He holds me tight. I wished he would never let go. I liked this a lot more. Not seeing his face and his not seeing mine.

He had a firm grasp on my arms as he slowly pulled me away to look at me. I was hiding my face but face but he looked down and found me. He smiled convincing me that he wasn't mad that I just blew him off. Like some how in some crazy way, he actually understood me. Unlike every other human being I the world.

We slowly walk back to his car in silence. That whole moment rushed by in my mind like it happened in merely a few seconds but it seemed darker now and the moon was brighter. We drove in silence but it didn't bother us.

There was a strange emotion in the car. It was thought. We were both thinking. I could see the concentration and deep thought on his face. When I focus back to me I realized I had been in deep thought as well. Many thoughts in my head but one stood out most. One was louder than all. One was simply screaming at me that it was all I could here and think about. That, I in fact, had nearly kissed Reid. But also, that it wasn't the first time. Just the closest. But something told me, it wasn't the last. And that scared me to death.

****

Back at Reid's house, it was still quiet. I half expected a sibling or his father but I remembered quickly that his brother was far away and his dad was not coming home. I ventured into the kitchen with Reid close behind me. I side glance at the clock on the wall. It was now almost 9. He jumped up o the counter and I took a seat at the table.