Chapter 1-Arrival

Charlotte POV

As I stepped out of the airport, I took a deep breath and hailed a taxi. I just arrived in New York from JFK airport. I originally lived in Louisiana, and I was accepted to John Jay College of Criminal Justice. Even though there are good criminal justice schools in New Orleans and nearby Texas, I decided to branch out to another city far away, searching for new people to talk to and have new experiences. My mother wasn't too happy that I left, but she eventually got over it and sent me on my merry way. I guess she wanted to be alone with Dad and finally relax. My aunt, who lives in the heart of New York, was willing to lend me a room, free of charge, in her apartment on 6th street. 

"That'll be $37.50." My cabbie said, interrupting my thoughts. 

After paying the cabbie, I grabbed my suitcases and exited the vehicle. My aunt Molly was at her job at the Apple store, where she works as a general manager for the store, so she left her key under the mat, and I allowed myself in. I went in search of my room, which was on the second floor. 

I like my room

I like my room. It fits my Nancy Meyers style of space that I always wanted. I set my suitcases down on the bed and begin to unpack. I go to the dresser drawers and unload shirts, jeans, and undergarments. Yes, I say the word 'undergarments,' not the phrase 'underwear.' It feels weird, but I digress. After unpacking, I then decide that I need a job for me to have some cash. Even though Mom and Dad had promised that they would send me an allowance of $600 every two weeks and that they would take care of my phone bill, I know that everything here would probably be too expensive. So, I took my laptop out and began looking for a job before my school semester starts. Monster.com had several jobs as clerks for an insurance company and one for a waitress at a bar and grill. I applied for all of the jobs. It might be a stretch, but I hope that my job search comes out fine.

 An Hour Later

My aunt Molly decided to give me a 2003 Altima that she had fixed for my convenience to take it to school and head back home. It does kind of suck that it is an old car, but I was very grateful that I have the car. I decided to take the car with nothing else to do, and I head to John Jay College to get my packet for incoming first-year students ahead of the term. I know that school doesn't start. As I type in the address on Google Maps, my cell phone rings, and it was a New York number. It might be from one of the jobs that I applied to, so I answer it. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi, my name is Spencer, and I'm the owner of McGinnis Bar and Grill." the voice said on the other line. 

"Oh hello, how are you?" I replied. "

Very well, thank you. I saw on our website that you applied for a job here. Could you come for an interview tomorrow at 12:30?" 

Giddy with excitement, I quickly said, "Alright. I'll be there!"

"Great! When you arrive tomorrow, ask for me. Have a nice day, and I'll see you tomorrow."

With that, I hung up the phone.  I was so happy that I have my job interview tomorrow. I then finished inputting the address and I drive off to the college. Little did I know, my life would not be the same after that interview.