Of course this is because of that bloody woman.

When I think back on that moment, I remember recoiling from Emma like she was Jessica, not to mention that I was still trying to get the idea of Em and some other guy out of my head.

Everything was piled up on one another and I couldn't help it.

Should I bring it up? Clear the air and explain to her how on that level, nothing's changed?

Doubt she would easily believe me even if I did start explaining. She has always had this terrible tendency to blame herself when it isn't her fault and knowing Em she would revert the conversation to what happened between me and Jessica a few weeks ago and I am not ready to delve into that yet.

I fix this with Emma and the I'll deal with fucking Jessica.

The events of that night are at the very bottom of my to do list. I went to the police, I mentioned it to Liam and Louis and even Emma... I'm done, I don't need to do anymore, not yet and that's if I deal with it at all.

I can handle it but after Emma and I are good.

As you can tell I am just very up in the air with what to do with everything after what happened that night. I've certainly never dealt with anything like it before and it's a very lonely process. It's just easier to push it to the side and focus on Emma and I.

This is what's important, Emma is what is important.

"Okay Emma," I state with a joyful tap to her knee. "Why don't we get up, get dressed..." I suggest with a smile crossing my lips at my next thought. "Unless you'd like me to chose your clothes for you but I assure you it will be the skimpiest outfit I can muster love."

At my words, her gaze reaches mine fully, her eyes wide and peering back into mine as she bites her lip trying to keep the upward pull of her lips hidden from me, albeit unsuccessfully.

There's my girl.

"I promise you Em..." I begin to tease letting my hands graze over her arms feather lightly with the goal of causing goosebumps.

Success.

I can't contain my smirk when I realize just how strong our connection is. It's a primal and unextinguishable connection between us.

"If you don't get that cute little butt of yours up off this couch and into your room to change, then I will come out here and dress you in that tight little thing you wore the other night and while I'd thoroughly enjoy the view I doubt you'd be that comfortable walking down the beach with it on."

What am I saying? Shut the fuck up Harry and get her in that dress.

"Actually..." and in one fluid movement I'm up on my feet, with Em in my arms, taking us to her bedroom.

"Harry put me down." She giggles in my arms.

I've hoisted her up high on my waist so she's towering over me a bit. Her legs are tightly gripping my torso as her arms are linked loosely around my neck, fingers in my hair.

It's heaven.

"Now baby," I say looking up at her. "That didn't work the other night why do you think it would work now?"

Sure I'm teasing her and the smirk on my face might be a bit much given the conversation we were just having but this, how we are now, this is what makes us us, and I'm not gonna quench it.

Keeping one arm secured around her body, I bring my now free hand up to her cheek, guiding her lips to me and before she can argue, I press my lips to hers and the sensation is like magic.