Chapter Eight "There's something different about you."

Start from the beginning

"I come here when I'm stressed out and get to clear my mind of some things. I'm fucked up Elena, and trust me i know that. This is just how I live now. I moved out of my parents house at 15 and I have been living with Alex since then. I feel like if this one thing didn't happen I wouldn't hate the world as much as i do right now. Sean doesn't want us fighting because I lost someone from this.

Dean and his guy were coming after me to kill me. I wasn't home because that's the first place they would try to find me. My parents kept on calling me, but I didn't answer. It was 2 in the morning and I decided to head back home because I figure that they wouldn't wait that long for me. But, as I made my way into the driveway I saw my dad out on the porch waiting for me. I got out of the car to go back into the house until I heard a gunshot and saw my dad standing there with a white, blank face. He lifted up his had and saw blood. He looked down and fell on the ground in a fetal position. I took off my shirt and put it on the wound to stop it bleeding. I looked into his eyes for one last time until his pupils grew and he didn't make a sound."

Austin's POV

"Fuck!" I yelled and ran my fingers through my hair. I saw Dean come out of the shadows and smirked. "Next time I'm killing you." I wiped my tears and slammed fist against the garage. My mom came out and saw my dad laying there lifeless in a pool of his own blood. That's when I knew I was ruined.

Elena's POV

"How isn't he not in prison?" I asked. "There was no proof. We went to trial and god who knows what he did with all of his shit." I let him continue his story. "But after all of that I found this. I just take it all in to clear my head and do some thinking. You can probably understand why I want him dead. He killed my own father in front of me."

"I know how you feel," I sighed. "What do you mean?" I sighed before I told my story. "My mom killed my dad right in front of me when I was 5."

"My parents had such an unhealthy relationship with my mom being an alcoholic. They were always fighting, and I was always in my room covering my ears. And one night she took a gun and shot him right in front of me," I started to tear up a little bit. "At the age of 5 I didn't know what to think or how to react. Why would my own mom do that?

But she hid my dads body and we moved all around the country, living basically anywhere there was shelter. She started to abuse me almost everyday. I was so scared and I felt like piece of shit. Now that we moved here I actually feel a little free and accepted. Other then the fact that I go home and get beaten." I turned my head to the right and saw Austin looking at my directly into my eyes. I wiped away my tears and just stood there. "I never knew," he said quietly. "Yeah, I guess we both didn't know about each other. We just assumed things."

"Well, we both lost or dads and watched them die in front of us."

"Yeah, its horrible," I said. Austin put his arm around my shoulder. "We both have it rough babe." We were both quiet for a second.

"Wait, why don't you call anyone for your mom abusing you. That's the worst thing ever and no one should ever lay there hands on someone like that."

"It's hard. What am I going to do? I can't live on my own and I don't know any family members. And no matter what, my mom is still my mom and I still have a little care for her." "You still shouldn't accept it Elena." "I just-" Austin cut me off. "Tell me if she ever touches you Elena. I won't let that happen to you. I care about you Elena." I think I just lost my breath for a second. There is a part in Austin that is caring and nice. You just have to dig deeper and understand him in order to find that part of him. "That's all I really need Austin, is someone to look out for me when I need them the most."

The sun was completely down and the starts filled the sky. "By the way, there something I need to tell you Austin." "What is it?"

"Dean he, he came up to me yesterday and said that he's out for all of us and that I should watch my back. I can't take all of this. How do I know he's no going to take me and kill me? I-"

"Me, Sean, and the other guys are here to protect everyone we know. I will make sure he won't lay a had on you ever again." I felt a little relieved. Beside, Austin seemed pretty serious. He's out to kill them anyways.

We were walking back to car before I stopped him. "What's your dads name anyways?" "Carter. My middle name came from him." Austin Carter Mahone. "And what about yours?"

"Logan." He nodded his head. "You know there's something different about you Elena," he smiled.

We were in front of my house, just siting in the car in silence. "That actually helped a lot, you know. Know we can stop assuming." Austin laughed.

"Yeah, it was nice." I opened my door and before I cold get out Austin grabbed my wrist. "By the way, thanks for understanding me. It's kind of hard for other people to understand if they haven't been through something similar." I smiled and he let go. Once I made it inside my house he drove down the street. I closed the door and put my back against it. I just had this big dorky smile on my face. For a long time in forever I've never been this happy. It feels great. I'm actually laughing at myself because I probably look like a big idiot.

I took a shower and got under the covers. I felt so different. I thought today was great and I just hope that he doesn't turn into an asshole towards me again.

After school was over I saw Sarah rushing towards me. "Hey what's up?" "Elena you have to come here quick!" She grabbed my hand and practically dragged me out to the tables outside where the guys were. "Hey, what's going on?" I set down my bag on the table. "Casey's missing." Zach said. "Like, no one has seen around anywhere. The police are out on a search." Robert said. I didn't know what to say. I hardly know her and I don't talk to her at all. But, she's missing?

"I just figured that she was sick because I didn't see her yesterday."

"Elena have you seen her recently?" Alex asked me.

"No, I don't have any classes with her and I haven't seen her outside of school," I shrugged. We all stood there awkwardly because no one knew what to say. What was there to say? She's missing that's all. It's up to the police to find her. But, one person did look concerned.

Austin spoke up after saying nothing at all. "Dean has something to do with this. I'm positive of this, he would do something like this. I'm going to find her right now. Fuck the police, they won't ever find her."

He was walking to his car. Everyone just stood there doing nothing. None of the guys were even going. I turned around and Austin just turned out of the parking lot.

"He's not going without me."