Chapter 24

Saphire's P.O.V.

After meeting Alpha Damon (again) Alex took me to a man named Flarian. A funny tall guy with long brown hair in a ponytail and who looked like he lived a hundred years ago. Apparently he had to place me in the pack book. Where they would have a drawing of me (for some reason I had to be in my wolf form) and next to that put my name and date of birth.

When me and Alex had been on our way to Alpha Damon I felt I had been cut of from mind-link, and right after the pain of banishment. I guess my parents had told Alpha Aden about my choice.

I was sad of course, but not as sad as most wolves would be. Apart from Andrew and my parents I didn't really have any ties with the Bluemoon pack.

So when we went to meet Alpha Damon he gladly let me join the pack.

Right then Flarian said he had just finished drawing me. I went into the room next to this one and shifted. After putting my clothes back on I went back.

"Do you want to see?" Alex asked.

I nodded.

"Um... that's not my name?" I said. Alex wrapped his arms around my waist.

"What's wrong with having my last name?" He asked smirking.

I smiled and rolled my eyes. "Nothing, but Saphire is with PH, not with an f."

"That's just Firestone tradition." Flarian said. "When we have new people we change their names to more 'Firestonyishy' names. My name was actually Florian but was changed to Flarian."

"Oh, so I'm SaFire now?"

Alex smirked. "Yes."

"But why didn't your name change then?"

"It did! I'm Alexandrios now. Named after one of the first Firestone pack members. I just prefer to go by Alex."

"Umm hmmm."

"Come on, let's go visit Granny Ann. She's been asking about you nonstop since you left.

***

"Oh my dear, you've grown so much."

"I don't think it's been that long." I said smiling.

Alex and I were sitting on one of those swing benches on Granny Ann's front porch. She sat next to us in her rocking chair, a fluffy red blanket draped over her legs.

I smiled at the old woman with red, wavy hair. And eyes that sparkled like rubies. I hadn't noticed they were red untill now.

"Why is it called the Fireblood pack?" I asked. Remebering the name of her old pack.

"Because most of us have feerie blood flowing through our veins."

I looked at her confused. "What are feeries." I asked.

"Hmmm, I have an old book on Fey. Maybe that would explain better."