Chapter 23

Saphire's P.O.V.

I got my memories back! Oh no... Alex! I ran after my father but he'd already shut the door. I pushed past him to reopen it but he stopped me.

"Saphire what are you doing?"

I almost growled, almost.

"I'm trying to get to my mate."

I ignored his shocked expression and went outside.

"Alex are you okay?" I asked, kneeling down beside him.

His nose was bleeding but besides that he seemed unharmed.

"Yeah I'm fine."

I smiled and hugged him. "I'm glad I remember you again." I whispered.

"Saphire? What are you doing?" My mother stood in the doorway next to my father.

I pulled Alex up and stood next to him, my fingers entwined with his. I took a deep breath.

"Mother, father, I love you. But... I'm going to live with Alex.

My mothers face turned to one of shock, my father just glared at Alex.

"And before you say anything, I'd already decided this before the whole kidnapping incident. I just didn't remember untill now."

Alex squeezed my hand. When I looked up at him I saw a hint of a smile on his face.

"Why?" My mother asked.  She started tearing up as she walked towards me. "Why sweetie?"

"Because I love him. And besides..."

I held up my hand as it burst into flame. My mother halted a meter away from me.

"I don't really think there's any going back from here."

"No."

I looked over to my father. His face was contorted with rage.

"NO!!!" He lunged for Alex.

But before reaching us Alex wrapped his arms around me and teleported us to Firestone.

***

Alex's P.O.V.

She loved me! She really loved me! When we got to Firestone I couldn't help but wrap my arms even tighter around Saphire and twirling her around. She laughed.

"Woah, put me down I'm going to be sick!"

I put my mate down and looked at her beautiful smile. Wich faded two seconds later.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Um... could we like, go back in a few hours to grab my bags?"

I nodded. "Sure."

Saphire hugged me. I held her in my arms and stroked her hair.

"When did you get those firepowers though?"

Saphire sighed into my chest and turned her head sideways, so that her right ear was near my heart.

"I accidentally cut myself on that golden blade when I took out the Firestone."

"Okay, but why did you?"

"I don't really know. Alpha Damian had told me about his plans to destroy you guys before he made Alexa erase my memory. And in the back of my mind I somehow knew that it was important. And in danger."

I kissed the top of her head.

"Come on, let's introduce you to the pack."