Chapter 21

Alex's P.O.V.

I was walking through the forest towards the place Saphire said she'd woken up. I hoped that there I could find out more about what had happened.

I hadn't seen Saphire for five days and it was killing me. But without her to remember me I didn't really think it would be a good idea to visit her.

The wind suddenly shifted and I stopped in my tracks, sniffing the air.

There was a human nearby.

Quietly I kept walking. A few steps later I saw where the smell had come from. A girl around my age with blond hair that was braided down her back sat down next to a body.

She was wearing white sneakers,  light blue jeans with rips at the knees and a white vest.

"Um, hello?" I said.

The girls head snapped in my direction revealing her pale grey eyes. Shock flickered across her face, a second later she was gone. In her place was a fluffy white kitten.

I surpressed the urge to 'aw'. The kat had her paws over her eyes and her tail was wrapped tightly around her body. Wait... how did she do that?

I slowley walked towards the kitten.

"I'm not going to hurt you." I said.

The white cat removed her paws from her eyes. And only a moment later the girl stood in front of me again.

"You're Alexander, aren't you?" She asked.

I frowned but nodded. "Who are you?"

The girl put her hands in her pockets. "Um... well. I'm sort of the witch that erased your mates memory."

I stood there shocked. She was a witch?! How couldn't I smell that?

The girl rushed on. "But I'm not completely a witch. I mean my mother was human but my dad had the witching gene. Because well his mother was a witch but like, there aren't any male witches so the gene was basically passed on to me. So... I'm like a halfblood witch? That's why I smell like a human."

I took a moment to procces the girls words.

"You're the witch that erased Saphire's memory?"

"Mmm hmm."

"And you can give her her memory back?"

"Sure... but like I said I'm only a halfblood so the spell didn't go quite so well in the first place. But I can restore most of her memory."

I nodded. "One more question. Do you know what happened with this guy?" I pointed towards the body.

The human witch nodded. "You're mate atacked him when she gained consciousness. She passed out again right after."

"Come on, you should give Saphire her memory back."

Me and the witch started walking towards Bluemoon when a thought crossed me.

"How come your clothes didn't rip when you shifted into a cat?"

"Because witches don't 'shift'. We use our magic to turn into any animal we like. Well, not any animal. Usually it's more like one familly of animals. If you can turn into a puppy for example you can usually turn into a wolf as well. Or when you can turn into a hummingbird it's likely you can also turn into I don't know... a falcon or eagle. So when you can turn into a cat you can usually turn into tiger or cheeta as well."

Again I had to take a moment to procces all of the information.

"But if you can turn into a tiger... why did you turn into a fluffy white kitten?"

"I panicked okay!? I mean there I was, collecting some werewolf blood for my best freind to experiment with. When suddenly some random guy walks out from the tree-"

"Experiment?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's a scientist or something. The point is you scared the daylights out of me and I panicked so don't judge me. Okay?"

I held my hands up jn surrender and grinned. "Okay."

I was beginning to like this girl.

"What's your name by the way."

"Alexa."