Chapter 9

Saphire's P.O.V.

I was sitting at breakfast with my mother, my father had already left. I was thinking back to yesterday, when Alex had told me that the necklace was a gift from him.

Unconsciously my fingers started to play with the rings around the diamond. I don't really know why I decided to wear it today, but I did.

"Saphire."

"Yes mother?"

"Andrew asked if you wanted to meet his mate today?"

"Oh, sure."

***

"So? When is she comming?" I asked Andrew.

He was waiting together with me by the border nervously.

"She'll be here any minute now." He answered.

Exactly sixty seconds later she arrived. Selena had short blond hair that came to her shoulders and a pair of grey eyes. She waved at Andrew before she ran over to us. I was quite surprised she came alone.

When Selena got to us she wrapped her arms around Andrew's neck, he in return wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Hi, I'm Saphire." I said.

Selena turned to me. "I know, Andrew's told me all about you." Shd said, smiling.

For the rest of the afternoon me, Andrew and Selena were walking around on pack grounds. Just talking like old freinds. I really liked Selena, and was glad she was Andrew's mate. He was one lucky wolf.

I didn't realise how much time had flown untill I saw the sun starting to set.

"It's getting late, I should go home." Selena said.

Andrew held her hands. "I'll bring you, I don't want you walking home alone in the dark."

Then Andrew looked at me. "Will you be able to go home, or do I need to send some one to walk with you?" I knew Andrew was doing this because of the whole incident with Alex. I appreciated it but...

"No, it's okay. I'll be fine."

What was wrong with me? It was almost like I wanted to give Alex the opportunity to see me again.

Okay, so maybe I did want to him a bit.

Selena and Andrew said goodbye before walking off. I turned around and started walking home. It was beginning to become fairly dark.

After a few minutes I heard the familiar crunching sound and stopped walking. I stood tens in the middle of the path, waiting. Suddenly the bushes next to me started to rustle. I spun around and took a step back when...

A bunny jumped out of the bushes.

(A/N okay yes I stole that from Rapunzel 😏 but I just love Disney  😍 call me a child idc 🙃)

I breathed out sigh of relief. I was really starting to become a bit paranoid.

"Thought that was me?"

I shrieked and spun around. But of course Alex's face was hidden by shadows. Even though I couldn't see him properly I was sure he was smirking. He stepped forward and wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Missed me?" Alex whispered into my ear.

His scent intoxicated me and I was having trouble thinking straight. Don't ask me how but I managed to answer his question.

"No."

Alex chuckled. "Come on, I want to show you something."

The moment he stepped back I pulled my arm loose from his grip.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked me.

I shook my head. "I don't even know what you look like and you expect me to come with you? I don't know you."

"I've got black hair, green eyes, I'm supper hot..."

"I'm serious."

Alex remained silent for a moment. Then he stepped closer to me.

"If you come with me, I'll show you my face." He said.

"Promise?" I asked.

"Promise." He whispered.