Chapter 13

Saphire's P.O.V.

After I had sort of trained with the warrior waloves (and made a complete fool of myself) Alex showed me the rest of the pack. I didn't know how to start discribing it.

All the houses looked like they were built one, or two hundred years ago. Giving the place a classic feel. Most looked like big hunters cabin's. There were stone paths in between the homes that all led to the pack house. The stone roads were alighned by red flowers of all shapes and sizes. Most of these flowers could be found climbing the walls of buiding and tree's and because of the season the colours of the tree's complemented everything nicley.

The packhous was like nothing I'd ever seen before.

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"Are you comming inside?" Alex asked.

I nodded. Alex and I started walking through the house in silence. The hallways were filled with paintings and vases and all kinds of beautiful decorations I didn't know the names of.

We ended up in what looked like a large living room.

The fire place was on and together with the candlelit chandelier illuminated the room

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

The fire place was on and together with the candlelit chandelier illuminated the room.

Alex sat down on the couch next to the fireplace and motioned for me to do the same.

"How did you actually get your powers." I asked. "I mean, you weren't born here."

"Um... you know about the firestone, right?" Alex scratching the back of his neck.

I nodded.

"Well, I don't really know how to explain this but I'll try. So once you're part of the pack you go to Cathènia."

At my confused expression Alex explained.

"That's a tempel where we keep the firestone, I could show you sometime.

In any case, The firestone is embedded in solid rock that has been hollowed out in the form of a sort of bowl, you'd understand better if you saw it. But anyway when you've becone part of the pack you cut your hand with a golden knife and drop a drop of blood into the bowl. And then Selene will let Hellena grant you acces to the firestone."

"Who are Selene and Hellena?" I asked.

"Oh, Selene is the name of the Moon Goddes and Hellena is her aunt."

I stared at him. He seemed to be genuine.

"Okay... So if Selene is the Moon Goddes, then wat does her aunt, Hellena, do?"

"Hellena is the guardian of Hell, the place was actually named after her. Selene's mother, Angela, is the guardian of heavon."

"To get this straight. Angela is the guardian of heavon, Selene is her daughter and the Moon Goddes and Hellena is Angela's sister and guardian of Hell?"

Alex nodded.

"You're not a demon... right?" I asked.

Alex smirked. "Trust me, those are to busy keeping condemned souls in Hell."

"Uhhh... how do you know all this?" My mother was pretty religious and I doubted she knew this.

Alex smiled. "You learn things at Firestone." Then he looked down at his feet.

"So... what do you think about, you know um... here." Alex said.

He was playing with his fingers, seemingly nervous. I folded my hands in my lap and looked down at them.

"I'm not entirely sure." I answered.

Alex was quiet. Then he spoke.

"I want you to meet some one."

***

"Saphire, meet granny Ann, granny Ann, Saphire."

I stared at the old lady in front of me. She was sitting in a rocking chair on the front porch of one of the houses. Red roses had climbed up the pole's which held the roof in place.

The roses matched well with her hair. Yes her hair. It flowed down her back in red waves.

"Nice t-to meet you." I stuttered.

"You know I was part of the Fireblood pack?" She said with a faraway look.

"Her mothers mate was a Firestone pack member, that's why they moved here." Alex whispered.

"Ah yes, I was only seven years old at the time." Granny Ann said smiling.

"Are you going to follow the same path my mother did?" She suddenly asked.

At my confused expression Alex said. "She meens are you also going to move here, to Firestone."

"I- I don't know yet." I answered truthfully.

"You may have blue eyes... but I can see the fire behind them." Granny Ann said, then continued with:

"I think it's time for my nap."

And with that she closed her eyes, leaving me behind in confusion.